Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

we now pay for plastic bags

Go down 
+5
just joan
Wissy
lb-ranch
SexyDexy
Bay-Lee
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Bay-Lee

Bay-Lee

we now pay for plastic bags Empty
PostSubject: we now pay for plastic bags   we now pay for plastic bags Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 1:57 pm

In NB we pay 5 cents for our bags now, but I have a problem with that, I use my grocery bags in garbage cans, for dirty cat litter, so I will have to buy small garbage bags, which comes to the same thing has using a grocery bad.... any thoughts about this..??

ETA.. I don't see why someone has not yet come up with recyclable garbage bags..
Back to top Go down
SexyDexy

SexyDexy

PostSubject: Re: we now pay for plastic bags   we now pay for plastic bags Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 2:30 pm

Quote :
I don't see why someone has not yet come up with recyclable garbage bags..

That's what my BF said last night. Bulk Barn uses "plastic" bags that are decomposable. It's printed on the bag. I think I'm gonna bury one in the yard and see how long it take to decompose :scratch:.

I use them for kitty litter and the garbage can too, so I figure I will splurge on the 5 cents when I need some for that purpose and just use my reusable bags the rest of the time.
Back to top Go down
lb-ranch

PostSubject: Re: we now pay for plastic bags   we now pay for plastic bags Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 3:36 pm

I think it's all gimmicks to rip us off more, My husband said he's switching stores cause he wont pay for bags but I wonder what we'll do when they all start charging. , (the bags probably cost less than a fraction of a penny per bag anyways to produce so why hit customers a nickel?
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

PostSubject: Re: we now pay for plastic bags   we now pay for plastic bags Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 6:58 pm

I agree LB, my husband also says it's just a money grab.. he's none to happy about it either..
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

PostSubject: Re: we now pay for plastic bags   we now pay for plastic bags Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 8:48 am

well mine bought those reusable bags.....thats nice I say..........but then you have to remember to take them in with you.......and whos to say you didnt steal them while in the store.......and of course you have to unload the cart and pack your own bags.......a little tricky if you are getting a months worth at a time......not being a particularly unclumsy person(couldnt think of the opposite of clumsy) it would be impossible for me to mange that trick..........but I do agree, plastic should be made to self destruct in 30seconds once you pull the tab!!!!! if you accept this mission...........hahahahahah
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
D-Cutch

D-Cutch

PostSubject: Re: we now pay for plastic bags   we now pay for plastic bags Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 8:59 am

I'm quite sure we now pay for ours as well or are about to start paying for them,,,

I don't mind the reusable bags but we seem to have no luck keeping ours in tack... I guess we load them a little too fulll :roll: Pretty common occurrence that I leave the house and they are sitting on the kitchen counter!
Back to top Go down
http://www.pphfarms.com
Mister MaGoo

Mister MaGoo

PostSubject: Re: we now pay for plastic bags   we now pay for plastic bags Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 10:43 am

Nothing is free anymore.......I wouldn't be surprised if soon we'll have to pay for parking at the grocery store!!!!! :evil:
Back to top Go down
Bay-Lee

Bay-Lee

PostSubject: Re: we now pay for plastic bags   we now pay for plastic bags Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 10:54 am

I keep my reuseable bags in the trunk of my car, along with my barn boots full of sh**, my barn coat full of hair.. :lol:
Back to top Go down
Mister MaGoo

Mister MaGoo

PostSubject: Re: we now pay for plastic bags   we now pay for plastic bags Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 11:55 am

Bay-Lee.....you're a true animal lover!! *snicker*
Back to top Go down
lb-ranch

PostSubject: Re: we now pay for plastic bags   we now pay for plastic bags Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 11:58 am

Mr Mister wrote:
Nothing is free anymore.......I wouldn't be surprised if soon we'll have to pay for parking at the grocery store!!!!! :evil:

Hush,,, Dont give them any ideas, they're probably reading this post in their consumer research.
Back to top Go down
SexyDexy

SexyDexy

PostSubject: Re: we now pay for plastic bags   we now pay for plastic bags Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 12:14 pm

Remember when they used to lock up their carts and you needed a quarter to get a damn cart! That was a pain.

I can never remember to bring my bags either. I bring my groceries in then stuff the bags in the closet instead of putting them back in the car :wink8.gif:

I wonder how long Sobey's follows suit? What do you think they'd say if you brought your "free" plastic Sobey's bags into Superstore to use? :P we now pay for plastic bags 948176
Back to top Go down
Pink Lady

PostSubject: Re: we now pay for plastic bags   we now pay for plastic bags Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 1:00 pm

Plain bags cost 3 cent per bag for the good one. Not sure how much printed ones cost. I have started to keep cloth bags in both cars so I always have them with me. If only I could stop the other half from filling them with stuff :flower:
Back to top Go down
Tammy

PostSubject: Re: we now pay for plastic bags   we now pay for plastic bags Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 8:37 pm

I found out today that we're being charged for the bags too. They told me that it was in their flyer, but we don't get the flyers because I think they're a waste of resources when there's only one grocery store chain in town. Anyhow, I ended up having to buy the plastic bags because all my cloth ones were at home - and the store didn't have any cloth ones left !!!! Can you believe it? :x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: we now pay for plastic bags   we now pay for plastic bags Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

we now pay for plastic bags
Page 1 of 1