Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

UPDATE ON MY DAD

Go down 
+5
Lightning
imarowdyrebel
Flicka
Sooke
Tammy
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Tammy

UPDATE ON MY DAD Empty
PostSubject: UPDATE ON MY DAD   UPDATE ON MY DAD Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 10:09 am

Hi Ladies! I'm in Niagara Falls with my parents. Dad's surgery was delayed until Oct 27th but I decided to come as per my original date. He's doing great! You'd never even know that there was cancer lurking in his body. I think he's anxious to get the surgery over and get some answers as to what the future will bring. Both he and mom are fairly stressed and it's caused dad to lose a little bit of weight. But as he says, he's entitled to a saggy pixie at his age!

I'm so thankful to be able to be here. The next step is to get my mom driving again. She hasn't driven in about 7 years because she and dad are together all the time, so there hasn't been a need. She's pretty nervous about it but we'll get through it.

The weather has been windy and rainy since I got here. I figure mother nature is trying to make me feel at home!

I'll give an update after the surgery on the 27th. He's scheduled for 8 am. Keep your fingers crossed!
Back to top Go down
Sooke

Sooke

UPDATE ON MY DAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: UPDATE ON MY DAD   UPDATE ON MY DAD Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 10:13 am

fingers crossed and healing vibes... UPDATE ON MY DAD 209173
Back to top Go down
Flicka

UPDATE ON MY DAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: UPDATE ON MY DAD   UPDATE ON MY DAD Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 10:14 am

Thank you for keeping us in the loop. My sister lives about an hour away from there if you are stuck, and no she doesn't know I'm volunteering her for anything, but she's on mat leave so has free time. If you are bored or want to get your mom to take a longer trip, Pleasant Ridge Tack store is in the same city as my sister, and it is a WONDERFUL store. :P
Back to top Go down
imarowdyrebel

imarowdyrebel

UPDATE ON MY DAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: UPDATE ON MY DAD   UPDATE ON MY DAD Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 12:18 pm

I hope all goes well! :bigsmiley.png:
Back to top Go down
Lightning
Mod
Lightning

UPDATE ON MY DAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: UPDATE ON MY DAD   UPDATE ON MY DAD Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 8:00 am

:hug.gif:
Back to top Go down
Ellie*Mae

Ellie*Mae

UPDATE ON MY DAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: UPDATE ON MY DAD   UPDATE ON MY DAD Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 8:05 am

UPDATE ON MY DAD 757770 thanks for the update Tammy, hope it all goes well on the 27th
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

UPDATE ON MY DAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: UPDATE ON MY DAD   UPDATE ON MY DAD Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 6:26 am

keep filling us in Tammy.........hope your mum isint driving you insane.
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
Freva

Freva

UPDATE ON MY DAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: UPDATE ON MY DAD   UPDATE ON MY DAD Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 8:59 am

I have been thinking about you, Tammy!!! Stay positive..... good vibes for a successful surgery for dad and then a speedy recovery.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/fvpstables
Freva

Freva

UPDATE ON MY DAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: UPDATE ON MY DAD   UPDATE ON MY DAD Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 6:16 pm

Hope everything has gone well with your Dad's surgery today, Tammy. Healing thoughts and prayers for him.
Back to top Go down
Tammy

UPDATE ON MY DAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: UPDATE ON MY DAD   UPDATE ON MY DAD Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 11:19 am

Hi Gang! I didn't get much computer time in Niagara because mom and dad are hard wired into the wall so I couldn't bring the computer downstairs.

Dad's surgery went well. It took about an hour longer than anticipated because the scar tissue from where he had his appendix out had adhered to his colon so first they had to seperate that. The doc took out 50% of his colon (the right side), some of the bowel and the lymph nodes. They sent it all away to be tested and will have the results by around the 11th or so. That will determine whether he needs chemo or not. The doc felt very good about the surgery. There was only the one tumour and it seemed to be localized. YIPPEE!

Dad's recovery was a bit rough. Actually, he may get out of the hospital today. His heartrate was elevated and he developed an infection. He received awesome care and the hospital took every precaution and ran every test known to mankind. Two days ago he started soft food and today he was allowed to have a sandwich. Mom and I had a bit of a scare when they said he had an infection, and he looked like absolute crap. But that's behind us now - he's looking great. And moving fairly well too.

The folks were really happy to have me there with them. Especially mom for the week that dad was in the hospital. She hasn't been alone in the house in a very long time!

Thanks for all the kind thoughts. I'll let you all know the results from the tests when we get them. He's on the mend and looking great - especially for a 75 year old!
Back to top Go down
Sooke

Sooke

UPDATE ON MY DAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: UPDATE ON MY DAD   UPDATE ON MY DAD Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 4:51 pm

fabulous news! keeping those healing vibes coming! wooooo hooooooo! good to be home?
Back to top Go down
Freva

Freva

UPDATE ON MY DAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: UPDATE ON MY DAD   UPDATE ON MY DAD Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 7:29 pm

Great news, Tammy!!! Your dad sure sounds like a trooper. Wishing him a continued speedy recovery!!!!
Back to top Go down
Barefoot_Horsegirl

Barefoot_Horsegirl

UPDATE ON MY DAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: UPDATE ON MY DAD   UPDATE ON MY DAD Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 9:01 am

Excellent!!!
Back to top Go down
Tammy

UPDATE ON MY DAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: UPDATE ON MY DAD   UPDATE ON MY DAD Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 2:06 pm

Spoke to mom this morning. Dad is home and doing well. He's lost about 12 lbs and his muscles have atrophied so they are trying to do short walks in the neighbourhood to build him back up. He doesn't have any pain. They've taken the staples out. He's eating solids now - including a chocolate chip cookie! They both sound wonderful and very happy to be back in their little "nest" together again. Gotta love 'em!
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

UPDATE ON MY DAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: UPDATE ON MY DAD   UPDATE ON MY DAD Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 6:59 am

ABSOLUTLEY FABULOUS TAMMY........great news...........wooo hoo for both of your parents......and I'm sure you are much releived yourself. :cowboyhound.gi
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
Lightning
Mod
Lightning

UPDATE ON MY DAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: UPDATE ON MY DAD   UPDATE ON MY DAD Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 8:36 am

That's awesome news Tammy!!! Thanks for the update and (((HUGS))) for you!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

UPDATE ON MY DAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: UPDATE ON MY DAD   UPDATE ON MY DAD Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

UPDATE ON MY DAD
Page 1 of 1