Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

THE SUN IS "SPLITTIN' THE ROCK"!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Tammy

THE SUN IS "SPLITTIN' THE ROCK"! Empty
PostSubject: THE SUN IS "SPLITTIN'' THE ROCK"!   THE SUN IS "SPLITTIN' THE ROCK"! Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 9:31 am

It's beautiful out today. I'm going to change into shorts, a tank top and construction boots - head out to clean the barn, groom the ponies and spread some manure. I LOVE THE SUN !!!!!!!!!!!!! :bounce:
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

PostSubject: Re: THE SUN IS "SPLITTIN' THE ROCK"!   THE SUN IS "SPLITTIN' THE ROCK"! Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 9:46 am

Quote :
I'm going to change into shorts, a tank top and construction boots

I can picture it now.. lol.. have a good one and get er done whilst the sun is shining..
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

PostSubject: Re: THE SUN IS "SPLITTIN' THE ROCK"!   THE SUN IS "SPLITTIN' THE ROCK"! Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 9:55 am

HAHAHAHAH......WELL APART FROM THE TANK TOP AND THE SHORTS...........WE DRESS ALIKE IN THE SUMMER!!!!!!!!!!! GO GETTERDUNGIRL :cowboyhound.gi
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
Tammy

PostSubject: Re: THE SUN IS "SPLITTIN' THE ROCK"!   THE SUN IS "SPLITTIN' THE ROCK"! Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 8:45 pm

WHAT A DAY, WHAT A DAY! I'm absolutely exhausted. As soon as Kayla gets to sleep I'm crawling into the old fart-sac. Lord Gord is working late tonight so hopefully I'll get to sleep before he gets home.

I accomplished lots today. Did the barn work, picked out the paddocks, fixed the gate latch, fixed Reo's feed bucket (he keeps lifting it up), spread some manure on the grass, took a tractor ride over to the neighbours (just to give people something to talk about) and put a "bridge" in the riding ring. My bridge is actually the old home made ramp that came with our trailer. I didn't think it was really safe to use as a ramp so I did a little bit of conversion today. I took off the hardware, loaded it into the bucket of the tractor and took it to the riding ring. I've never done trail class before and I think it's something that Stretch and I will enjoy, so today we started bridge work.

All the things I've read said to put ground poles on the sides to make a sort of "chute" and to first get the horse to walk across the width of the bridge. I figured I'd lead Thunder up to it and let him have a sniff first. Well, I guess he didn't like the spot that he was sniffing because he walked right onto it and sniffed in the middle. OK, obviously I didn't need the ground poles for him.

Next was Stretch. I lead him up to it and he decided it was a great place to scratch his muzzle. Onto step 2 - leading him up the chute. He stopped in front of the bridge, took one step onto it and then jumped the rest of the way over. Clearly he figured that way was too much work because the next time we approached it he just walked over it. Onto step 3 - going length ways. Once again, no problem! I'm hoping to ride Stretch over it tomorrow.

So far the only thing that I've found fazes him is water. How do you train a horse to go through water? Right now he actually "tip toes" around puddles and will only go through if there isn't a way around. Thunder, on the other hand, could care less!

Just before Kayla came home from school I went over to the neighbours and rousted her out of the house. We decided to have a drink and wait for the school buses (she has 2 teenaged boys) so took our lawn chairs out into the driveway, dropped the tailgate of the truck (which conveniently had cup holders) and waited for the kids to come. Her boys got home and then I was so busy torturing them that I missed Kayla's bus as it came around the corner, so had to chase it down the road. Luckily the driver is used to me so when he looked in his rear view mirror and saw some psycho lady running after him he stopped the bus and let Kayla off. Kayla's only comment was "mom, maybe you shouldn't hang out with Fronnie when it's bus time". Then off she went to Fronie's to get a snack - and join the tailgate party!

Gonna go hit the hay now. Hope everyone else had a great day too! :napping.gif:
Back to top Go down
SexyDexy

SexyDexy

PostSubject: Re: THE SUN IS "SPLITTIN' THE ROCK"!   THE SUN IS "SPLITTIN' THE ROCK"! Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 8:57 pm

Quote :
crawling into the old fart-sac
At first I didn't quite know what to think of this. Umm maybe someone needs to lay off the gaseous foods THE SUN IS "SPLITTIN' THE ROCK"! 338415. But then I re-read it and figured you mean the old/tired/I'm sore from working all day sac. Atleast I hope that's what you meant THE SUN IS "SPLITTIN' THE ROCK"! 421103 THE SUN IS "SPLITTIN' THE ROCK"! 188868

As far as the water. Find a puddle big enough that he can't go around it. Get in there yourself and splash around so that he can see it's not a bottomless hole that's going to swallow him. Horses have bad depth perception and water screws with it even more.

I wish I had gotten as much done as you today. Such a beautiful day and I had to work. But I was outside in a carrot field so it wasn't all bad.
Back to top Go down
Tammy

PostSubject: Re: THE SUN IS "SPLITTIN' THE ROCK"!   THE SUN IS "SPLITTIN' THE ROCK"! Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 7:47 am

Thanks for the tip Sexy Dexy. It's supposed to rain tomorrow so I should have a few puddles to work with on Sunday.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: THE SUN IS "SPLITTIN' THE ROCK"!   THE SUN IS "SPLITTIN' THE ROCK"! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

THE SUN IS "SPLITTIN' THE ROCK"!
Page 1 of 1