Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tired as Heck but Back From the Mainland....

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
D-Cutch

D-Cutch

Tired as Heck but Back From the Mainland.... Empty
PostSubject: Tired as Heck but Back From the Mainland....   Tired as Heck but Back From the Mainland.... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 8:36 am

Well Glenn, Brittany, and I hit the road yesterday morning at 7am for NB.

We picked up a new addition or I should say new additions(s) my husband is a nut - LOL actually can't blame it all on him I think we both have "sucker" written across our foreheads.

The first stop we loaded on a Fjord mare... pictures to follow. I forgot my camera so I'll have to work on the pictures today. She's starting school today so I'm pretty sure I'll have a few by this evening. She is rather fat in my opinion so she'll be going on a diet in a hurry. She hasn't had much or really anything done with her but hopefully will have her in cart in the near future.

Second stop we picked up two yearlings - one was still nursing it's mother :roll: and the other was a filly running with her in tact brothers and father. Glenn has trained full siblings to both of them and they are so trainable. Anyhoo we didn't want the poor filly to be bred to family later this fall or next spring and if the colt was left in his father would run him out of the herd shortly - we had his full brother that was ran out of the herd and he was lost in the woods for sometime and did permanent damage to his shoulder.

The little filly is a red dun and the colt is a sorrel with a fancy blaze. Both are very curious and so eager to learn. They colt is going to be big and I'd say the filly is going to be a fair size too. Great all round prospects with the best minds. They are out of an APHA stallion and grade QH mares.

Anyhoo these yearlings are for sale - if you're looking for a backyard horse you couldn't ask for something more well rounded and they are priced reasonable. I have pictures of their siblings and I'll get some of them today.

Glenn and I really need to learn to walk away.

Then on to Amherst to pick up cattle - we arrived home at midnight... I don't think we could ask for a better kid - Brittany was a perfect angel all day. Everywhere we stopped people were amazed with her good behaviour.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pphfarms.com
Simi
Mod
Simi

PostSubject: Re: Tired as Heck but Back From the Mainland....   Tired as Heck but Back From the Mainland.... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 8:39 am

can't wait to see pictures!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.maritime-equestrians.com
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

PostSubject: Re: Tired as Heck but Back From the Mainland....   Tired as Heck but Back From the Mainland.... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 9:40 am

I cant wait for pics either...........but the more you talk about Brittany the more I see the movie (well you know I will never remember the title)...but its about this young girl who;s dad and grandfather used to raise and race thoroughbreds......anyway they lost their shirts etc...but the daughter she was the one who spoke up and beleived and loved and was smart and just knew her horse could do it.....and borrowed money from the Sheik to get her horse into the Kentucky Derby...........god.....anyway.....Brittany is turning out just like that.......she is going to be amazing..........good on you Dominica.
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
Caper Cowgirl

Caper Cowgirl

PostSubject: Re: Tired as Heck but Back From the Mainland....   Tired as Heck but Back From the Mainland.... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 9:54 am

Can't wait to see pics....They should lovely....Britanny seems like sucha sweet girl...And a cowgirl at heart...

Good on you for taking those young ones out of where they are...Sounds like something you would hear about in far away places...That kinda stuff is not supposed to happen near home...Herds of horses running and breeding each other in that way...Casting out stallions who are weaker then the boss stud...(Then again I used to think that about murder..I didn't happen close to home).

Did Britanny like her pink stuff?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tired as Heck but Back From the Mainland....   Tired as Heck but Back From the Mainland.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tired as Heck but Back From the Mainland....
Page 1 of 1