Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Yesterday could have been a lot worse!

Go down 
+2
Freva
Loves Color
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Loves Color

Loves Color

Yesterday could have been a lot worse! Empty
PostSubject: Yesterday could have been a lot worse!   Yesterday could have been a lot worse! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 7:29 pm

On Thursday, we hauled my daughter's young horse to a local facility so she could ride in a small show they were having there yesterday. Because the mare is young she sometimes has a hard time settling into new places so we decided this would be a great experience for her and because it is close we could take her a couple of days early and work her through it.

Thursday's ride was not great; but, better than I expected, Friday's ride was a bit better. We went out a bit early on Saturday so she could get a ride it and it went good. Her first 6 classes went really good; even with the judge walking around with a baby straped to her (sometimes crying); and then even when the judge brought a stroller in the ring with the baby in it. This was something that I was very hesitant about.

And then...the hunter hack class, my daughter was allowed to have a warm up jump because it was raining outside (and it was a small show). Her mare didn't want to go over the jump and when she did she way overjumped. My daughter slowed her fall a bit by grabbing the mare's neck on the way; but, it was still a bad fall. Thankfully there was a first responder there watching who stepped right up to help. First responder...911 call...neck brace...back board...ambulance...off to the hospital. After 4 hours on the back board they finally let her off, the xrays showed no breaks in the back; but, the were not conclusive for the neck. So, catscan next...after another hour she got the neck brace off...all clear in the neck. The next test was an ultrasound to check for liver injury...all clear; but, they keep her for another 4 hours or so to keep an eye on the pain under her ribs. We got home about midnight. What a day! But, it could have been a lot worse.

Now, we just have to convince her Dad that life if full of risks...not just horses.
Back to top Go down
Freva

Freva

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday could have been a lot worse!   Yesterday could have been a lot worse! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 8:29 pm

Oh my, sounds like your daughter took a bad spill. Very scary. Glad to hear that the response team acted quickly and that she is OK. Well wishes coming her way.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/fvpstables
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday could have been a lot worse!   Yesterday could have been a lot worse! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 11:10 pm

sure am glad she seems to be doing fine.....a safety vest might help convince dad :roll:
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
Loves Color

Loves Color

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday could have been a lot worse!   Yesterday could have been a lot worse! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 12:32 pm

She has a vest; but, I havn't been able to get her to wear it BEFORE. She says it is uncomfortable...guess what TOO BAD! I would like to find her one that is more comfortable...make wearing it a bit easier. I am hoping that the promise to wear the vest will convince her Dad. We have a little while to convince him.
Back to top Go down
SexyDexy

SexyDexy

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday could have been a lot worse!   Yesterday could have been a lot worse! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 12:56 pm

My dad only ever came to one show to watch me. Nothing happened but my horse was being a twit and that scared him bad enough. Dad's are hard to convince about stuff like that.

Glad she's okay. How is her nerves now about riding again? Atleast she's young and probably fearless. Something I wish I could get back :roll:.
Back to top Go down
Caper Cowgirl

Caper Cowgirl

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday could have been a lot worse!   Yesterday could have been a lot worse! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 6:16 pm

Glad she has suffered no Major Injuries....Scary just the same while waiting for test results...I can only imagine as a parent what you were going through

Just a quick question....What was that judge thinking with the baby in the ring???? I will answer that myself....She wasn't thinking....She should count her blessing they weren't injured sometime throughout that show....That was an acident waiting to happen...
Back to top Go down
Loves Color

Loves Color

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday could have been a lot worse!   Yesterday could have been a lot worse! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 9:50 am

Just a quick question....What was that judge thinking with the baby in the ring????

My thoughts were more like Yesterday could have been a lot worse! 382802 There is no way I would have taken a stroller into a ring with horses. I thought she was taking it far enough to have the baby in a holder on her side; but, at least then she was attached.

Another visit to outpatients yesterday. She started vomiting early afternoon so...back we went. The surgent ordered another ct of her abdomen; thankfully everything came back okay. The surgent said she must have just been that shook up. So far this morning she is sore and headache, now she is asking for tylenol. Gotta go look after my girl.
Back to top Go down
C4B's

C4B's

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday could have been a lot worse!   Yesterday could have been a lot worse! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 7:30 pm

Poor thing !!!!! hope she is doing ok now............
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday could have been a lot worse!   Yesterday could have been a lot worse! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Yesterday could have been a lot worse!
Page 1 of 1