Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

BANG HEAD HERE

Go down 
+2
just joan
Tammy
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Tammy

BANG HEAD HERE Empty
PostSubject: BANG HEAD HERE   BANG HEAD HERE Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 9:06 pm

I COULD JUST KICK MYSELF (except that I can't reach!). Yesterday was Kayla's first gymnastics competition for the year. I decided to be super organized so I concentrated on taking the video and Fronie did the still pictures. Kayla absolutely ROCKED! She finished with a 6th, 2 5ths, 1 bronze, 1 silver and 4th overall. We were so excited to see the videos when we came home (she just LOVES to see herself) but when I downloaded them and played them they were all in fast forward! I searched through my User Guide for the camera (Cannon PowerShot G9) and discovered that I had the move mode set to "time lapse" which basically takes a bunch of still frames and strings them together. Something you'd want to do when taping a slow moving action (ie: the opening of a flower bud), NOT when taping a monkey flipping, flopping and flying around the gym. I am totally DEVESTATED. I want to cry !!!!! My neighbour Dennis is coming over on Tues morning to see what he can salvage. He doesn't hold out any hope for a video but thinks he may be able to get some still shots out of it. I FEEL HORRIBLE !!!!! I am soooo disappointed in myself. Having a hard time looking (or should I say finding) the bright side of this event. BANG HEAD HERE 336163
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

BANG HEAD HERE Empty
PostSubject: Re: BANG HEAD HERE   BANG HEAD HERE Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 7:31 am

son of a B............that really sucks.......BUT.......KAYLA IS A PHENOM............WOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO FOR KAYLAY............... you think anyone else in attendance might have some shots on thier cameras that could be strung together.......the organizers mayhb........dont beat yourself up too much Tammy.....contrary to popular belief.........last I looked.....you were only human......but if you need another kick in the pixie, you know I am only too happy to oblige.
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
Lab Rat

BANG HEAD HERE Empty
PostSubject: Re: BANG HEAD HERE   BANG HEAD HERE Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 8:53 am

That really sucks! The same type of thing happened to a friend of mine. She's volunteering at the Olympics right now. Three days ago, she was playing with her brand spanking new camera and somehow deleted all of her pics she had taken up until then. I guess, she had pictures with a bunch of atheletes and everything!

Your scenario sounds just as devastating.
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

BANG HEAD HERE Empty
PostSubject: Re: BANG HEAD HERE   BANG HEAD HERE Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 8:59 am

hey.....I mentioned Kayla's accomplishments in todays broadcast......that might CHEER her up a little. :cowboyhound.gi
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
Tammy

BANG HEAD HERE Empty
PostSubject: Re: BANG HEAD HERE   BANG HEAD HERE Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 12:03 pm

Thanks JJ. I'm putting word out to the other parents about my dilema. Hopefully someone else did a better job than I!
Back to top Go down
Freva

Freva

BANG HEAD HERE Empty
PostSubject: Re: BANG HEAD HERE   BANG HEAD HERE Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 8:17 pm

Hopefully you will be able to salvage a few clips and shots and maybe other parents have shots...fingers crossed for you. I find that there are so many bells and whistles on some cameras that it would be very easy to have the wrong setting. I know you feel terrible but it was a genuine mistake. The bottom line is that Kayla had an amazing meet, you were both there to support her and she excelled......those are heart memories...even without the pics.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/fvpstables
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

BANG HEAD HERE Empty
PostSubject: Re: BANG HEAD HERE   BANG HEAD HERE Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 7:25 am

Tammy.. it happens we are not perfect.. even if we try too be for our kids.. I have a feeling there will be lots and lots of opportunities to video Kayla.. and I think the best is yet to come..
Cheer up your a great MOM!
Back to top Go down
MoonShadow

MoonShadow

BANG HEAD HERE Empty
PostSubject: Re: BANG HEAD HERE   BANG HEAD HERE Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 11:22 am

OHHH Tammy that does suck!!! I hope you can get enough stills together to make you feel better.

On an up note you got to be there and witness your girls success, that is something alot of parents don't get to do. Like someone else said, I'm sure she will be in many many more competitions, and by that time you will have your camera well figured out.
Back to top Go down
Tammy

BANG HEAD HERE Empty
PostSubject: Re: BANG HEAD HERE   BANG HEAD HERE Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 12:36 pm

Thanks girls for listening to me bawl like a baby! My neighbour was able to capture some of the still pictures for me so all is not lost. Once I get them uploaded to the dreaded PB I'll post some more.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

BANG HEAD HERE Empty
PostSubject: Re: BANG HEAD HERE   BANG HEAD HERE Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BANG HEAD HERE
Page 1 of 1