Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trip to the Post Office

Go down 
+2
just joan
Tammy
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Tammy

Trip to the Post Office Empty
PostSubject: Trip to the Post Office   Trip to the Post Office Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 10:52 am

Wednesday was a beautiful day here on the island. Windy (of course) but sunny. I finished up the barn chores and decided to go to the post office and check the mail. SO I RODE SKIPPER! HA HA! :cowgirlride.gi

I saddled up, put on my saddle bags (not the ones of my legs!) and started off going up the old railway bed. Skipper is great because not much phases him - except for the kids' toys that were underneath one of the evergreen trees at the end of the track. He REALLY didn't like them! It took about 1/2 hour of walk/jog to get to the post office. I tied him to the deck of the Orangeman's Hall, took off my helmet and went in to check my box. It was pretty funny seeing the looks on people's faces when they pulled into the parking lot and got out of their cars. They'd get out, look around, SPOT THE PONY, look again and then go in and get their mail. Made me giggle! Trip to the Post Office 368450

I put my mail in my saddlebags and we headed home. Skipper was full of piss and vinegar because he knew he was going back to the barn, so I decided to see just how fast this little white pony could go. :moose.gif: Well let me tell you, he can MOVE! Nothing gets in his way - he even ran through puddles. What a hoot it was! I didn't let him run for long though because both of us are very out of shape. It only took us 15 minutes to get home. I felt like I was part of the Pony Express and about 20 years younger. There's something about riding a pony that makes you feel like a kid again!

When we got home I cooled him out, gave him an apple and put him back with his little buddy. Of coure he HAD to roll in the black mud so he's lookin' right sum purdy about now (not up to Dawson's standards though).

Later that night I could barely move without the left side of my back killing me. I told Lord Gord about my pain and what caused it and all he did was LAUGH. Trip to the Post Office 135688 Guess I wasn't getting any sympathy from him.
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

PostSubject: Re: Trip to the Post Office   Trip to the Post Office Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 11:19 am

oh what fun it is to ride........a wee white pony today.........woooooohoooooooo for you guys.how cool was that. :cowboyhound.gi
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
Simi
Mod
Simi

PostSubject: Re: Trip to the Post Office   Trip to the Post Office Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 11:23 am

Sounds like a great time Tammy way to go!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.maritime-equestrians.com
Lightning
Mod
Lightning

PostSubject: Re: Trip to the Post Office   Trip to the Post Office Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 12:29 pm

Right on girl!!!!
Back to top Go down
Freva

Freva

PostSubject: Re: Trip to the Post Office   Trip to the Post Office Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 2:48 pm

No wonder the locals were taking a second look....not something you see very often. I can just imagine the merry ride towards home.....as you said...brings back memories of childhood and turning our ponies for home and letting them go flat out. Sorry you didn't get any compassion from Lord Gord.....could be a tinsy bit of payback for the staple incidence......suppose??? Plain to see you are really enjoying Skipper!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/fvpstables
LittleRoam

LittleRoam

PostSubject: Whooopeeeeee!!   Trip to the Post Office Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 11:03 pm

Now, THAT is what i call a fun ride...what a hack you went on! Good for you! Bet you felt fantastic after you arrived home, (and still alive--ha ha)!!

Good for your horse friend also...I believe they feel quite "important" after venturing outside the barn yard! Whooopeeeee!!!!

Continued happy trails for you!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trip to the Post Office   Trip to the Post Office Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trip to the Post Office
Page 1 of 1