Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

wish people could be trusted...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
MSFarm

wish people could be trusted... Empty
PostSubject: wish people could be trusted...   wish people could be trusted... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 7:45 am

My friend is looking at a trailer and I think it might be too good to be true but she is super excited so I don't know how to tell her...

its this trailer:
https://s1197.photobucket.com/albums/aa429/hsgdsgdusg/

here is the info she has on it:
its in alaska and he is in the army and will sent it by army plane to NB, she can take it for a few days and return it if she does not like it.
its a 2006 she says they want 2500$

its the price that got me first then some of the rest of it made me start to question it.

I've never really seen alaska but is it really that green like in the photos?
to me it sounds a bit too good to be true. its a really nice trailer! with a front little tack room and everything.

I don't like not being able to know for 100% if you can trust someone or not...
Back to top Go down
http://www.mountainsandranch.webs.com/
lb-ranch

PostSubject: Re: wish people could be trusted...   wish people could be trusted... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 8:20 am

SCAM.... Run..... Check a little further and you'll find the same add listed with different cities.
Plus NO WAY the military would allow something like shipping a horse trailer. There are often scams like that. Send the guy an email saying you are in the area and want to drop in and see it. lol suddenly it will either be already sold, or moved to a different spot or they wont answer back. I like playing with scammerrs like that, did that with a car in "california" same type story... guy would ship it etc, great price. then I told him I was in the area and would stop by to see it. suddenly he had a million reasons I couldnt see it and then the website pulled his ads as scams. It's a common scam.
Back to top Go down
mypony

PostSubject: Re: wish people could be trusted...   wish people could be trusted... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 11:25 am

It is a Scam! I totally agree with LB, there is no way that a horse trailer would be shipped by air on a military flight to NB.

Now how are you going to tell her? "this ad is a scam and will not happen" I think that is the best way to tell her. If she does not believe you, then she deserves to lose a couple of thousand dollars. Don't worry about hurting her feelings, cause sometimes the truth hurts!

Stay away from anything that seems too good to be true. If you do find something (horse trailer, motorcycle , puppy) that seems like a good price and then the seller tells you that all you have to do is send money (mostly by Western Union) and that it will be sent by air plane, it most likely NOT going to happen. I work in the airline cargo business, and you would be surprised how often I get calls about expecting a dog from such and such place and that it is suppose to arrive by plane and be delivered to their house. Oh and that they had already paid for the item. Say good bye to your money honey!

Good luck and keep clear of these scams!
Back to top Go down
MSFarm

PostSubject: Re: wish people could be trusted...   wish people could be trusted... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 2:30 pm

I just sent her a emai telling her flat out.

I had a feeling it was not right as it was wayyy to good to be true

first it was the money, way too cheap... then I was not sure if the army woud do that or not... too odd.

Back to top Go down
Twilight

PostSubject: Re: wish people could be trusted...   wish people could be trusted... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 6:38 pm

Someone has whited out the license plate, too, so you can't see where it is really registered to.

I just had a phishing scam hit my hotmail inbox, looking for my banking info. So annoying, and I really feel sorry for those who may be tricked into it!
Back to top Go down
MSFarm

PostSubject: Re: wish people could be trusted...   wish people could be trusted... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 2:09 pm

no worries! they are not going to reply anymore to this guy.

But I have to teach her how to watch out for these... after she sent me a link to a 07 trailer about the same as this trailer but in the lower states for just 2700...... wish people could be trusted... 336163 really.. a high up brand name trailer that is just 3-4 years old is not going to be for only 2700 unless its in really really bad shape...

So I emailed her on things to look out for. She is a few years younger then I am.
but still... my trailer was just under 2700$ and its old, needs paint and a bit of other stuff and not a brand name. it does have new tires and was inspected and all that.

I know one person selling a two horse with tack room, Very big two horse. but it was rusted out some bad and floors were rotting out and would need new tires and he was pricing it around 1800$ and I think people bought it. over all it would have been a nice trailer once you redid it. I really liked the sizze and the full tack room in front but there were no escape doors up by the horses head. or maybe there was a small oone on the right hand side...
Back to top Go down
The Moose Is Loose

The Moose Is Loose

PostSubject: Re: wish people could be trusted...   wish people could be trusted... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 4:56 pm

Its a SCAM.... The guy down the road from me was just telling me about it last night.. he has been chatting to this person... SCAM... SCAM... SCAM...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: wish people could be trusted...   wish people could be trusted... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

wish people could be trusted...
Page 1 of 1