Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Renegade Boots

Go down 
+13
LittleRoam
Sailorgirl
Flicka
Twilight
Going Postal
Lightning
Tammy
SexyDexy
Wissy
Simi
Barefoot_Horsegirl
just joan
Trot 'n Trails
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
LittleRoam

LittleRoam

Renegade Boots - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Horse Boots and Pastern Wraps   Renegade Boots - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 11:45 pm

How...deee!

I look forward to trying the Renegades when my mare goes barefoot (late fall to early spring time). I still shoe otherwise.

By the way...Susan has Sailor Girls horse's feet looking awesome with the barefoot trim!

I have tried Easy Boots, Old Macs, and Cavello's during the barefoot stage. I guess my best advise is if you are going to buy Cavello's or Old Macs--is BUY THE PASTERN WRAPS also. Like Sailor Girl says....wearing boots without the pastern wraps is like wearing shoes without socks....kinda uncomfortable. The pastern wraps should be worn with these types of boots or rubbing will most likely occur in my experience anyway. Alot more comfortable with the wraps!

Should we start up a Horse Boot For Sale or Swap page? I'm sure I'm not the only one with a bucket of boots in the basement not being used!!

Happy Trails everyone!
Back to top Go down
Flicka

PostSubject: Re: Renegade Boots   Renegade Boots - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 11:04 pm

I went and purchased a pair and they are due in about 10 days... I can't wait for them to get in..
Back to top Go down
Flicka

PostSubject: Re: Renegade Boots   Renegade Boots - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 4:52 pm

Well they arrived.. and GUESS WHAT.. They don't fit.. :( her feet are too big (long and wide)... :( Renegade Boots - Page 2 336163 I was so upset... I had measured her feet the day she got trimed (3 weeks ago) and thought it should fit.. but no..

So now, anyone want to buy a pair of 2W. They are black. I paid $260 with taxes and shipping. Give me an offer.

Here is a site on how to size them... so mine are 5 1/4" wide and 5 1/2" long

http://www.renegadehoofboots.com/sizing.html
Back to top Go down
~TC~

PostSubject: Re: Renegade Boots   Renegade Boots - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 5:09 pm

3 weeks can producs a lot of growth.... (especially in the summer if they are not able to equally wear the hoof down to keep up with the extra growth...)

The boot should fit a freshly trimmed hoof, not one that has 3 weeks growth or more...

Trim them up and try again. :)
Back to top Go down
Flicka

PostSubject: Re: Renegade Boots   Renegade Boots - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 11:03 pm

The problem is, our farrier is only out every 6-8 weeks depending on the time of the year. So then I could only use the boots for like 2 weeks if I'm lucky and then do what the rest of the time while everyone else is on the trails and I'm home because she's sore.
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

PostSubject: Re: Renegade Boots   Renegade Boots - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 11:11 pm

TRIM THEM UP YOURSELF........get one of those PALM TRIMMERS.............OR a regular rasp....that should work fine.
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
~TC~

PostSubject: Re: Renegade Boots   Renegade Boots - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 11:46 am

6 to 8 weeks!!! That is waaaaay to long to go without a trim... IF she can't wear her hooves down herself... (on abrasive hard ground).

You would be a candidate to trim yourself...seriously, it is taking a rasp to the feet every couple weeks... it's like 5 mins of work..becomes part of your regular grooming routine...

Might be worth looking into... then your boots will ALWAYS fit... ;)

What's you turnout like? sandy and dry? or usually wet? (Like clay or muddy soil)...
Back to top Go down
Flicka

PostSubject: Re: Renegade Boots   Renegade Boots - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 1:08 pm

She's out in a large field. There is warn paths for them to walk along, else it's all grass.

Renegade Boots - Page 2 N634700370_4337192_3250

I don't feel comfortable doing their feet, I'd rather pay the pro's to do it.
Back to top Go down
~TC~

PostSubject: Re: Renegade Boots   Renegade Boots - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 9:35 am

I don't mean to be the one with the cruddy news...but I don't think boots will work for you.. :(
The foot grows way to much, (especially in summer) and will only fit at the time of measurement...(When you have a relatively fresh trim).. The boot has to fit snuggly, so even buying a bigger boot will only work when the hoof is overgrown, and then not on a fresher trim... :/

I hope your trimmer can come more often. ( I understand your fear of trimming yourself... :882297.gif: )

What does your ponies frogs look like? I only ask because of what she is turned out on.... Are they full and dense like the bottom of your sneakers?
Back to top Go down
willowsfriend

willowsfriend

PostSubject: Re: Renegade Boots   Renegade Boots - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 10:02 pm

Hi, I've been researching hoof boots too for the horse I'm riding - she has "ouchy" hooves on gravel. I thought boots would be great because she goes fine for most of the riding I do with her and she's worn no shoes this summer. I'd want easy on/off boots as I'd only be using them for a fraction of the riding. I love the look of these Renegades. I had my search narrowed to Cavallo Sport $119/pair (because she's a bit more narrow in width and they say the fit will be better) and these cool Renegades -price I found was $169/pair, too. Leaning to these now!
I'm really worried about losing them in mud, however! When we go on a long (for me! - 6 miles) trail ride there are gravelly spots and really muddy spots. I'd hate to lose one of those pretty boots in mud! This bright yellow colour would be really easy to find!
Maybe I'll make up my mind before Spring or maybe Santa might make it moot!
I look forward to hearing how it's going for you with these!
Back to top Go down
Tango

PostSubject: Re: Renegade Boots   Renegade Boots - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 8:14 am

I've used the simple boots and now have the sport. They have never come off and we even walked into some gooey river mud. I love the look of the renegades but they are pricey and my guy has the club and they aren't recommended for the high heel. If you were handy you could have a look at mine/try them for size - I got the same size sport boot as simple and really I could probably have gone up a size - pm me if you want.

Back to top Go down
Barefoot_Horsegirl

Barefoot_Horsegirl

PostSubject: Re: Renegade Boots   Renegade Boots - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 9:20 am

I have the Renegades. I've never lost a boot and ride through everything at all speeds. I do find them clunky/heavy and because of this I find they alter Beauty's gait a little bit. I've never had an issue with rubbing which can be an issue with boots like the Cavallo's because the top plastic ring surrounds the coronet band.

My hoof trimming mentor just started carrying these in Canada and they look pretty cool:

http://www.eqfu.no/

Once everything was said and done (shipping, taxes, duty, etc) my Renegades were more like $280 by the time they reached my door step.
Back to top Go down
Hug a Horse Farm

PostSubject: Re: Renegade Boots   Renegade Boots - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 10:18 am

so your renegades sound like they end up costing about the same as those new boots EQ is selling. I had a chance to handle the new boots (shoes). They feel like sneakers! So cool. Light and flexible with an arch built in too. Smart design. I'm eagerly awaiting the production of sizes big enough for my horses (another month only I hope)
Back to top Go down
Flicka

PostSubject: Re: Renegade Boots   Renegade Boots - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 10:28 am

I tried the Renegades, but they didn't fit on Flicka's feet so I ended up selling them. I have pictures around here somewhere's.

Now that I'm trimming her feet with help, I'm going to start looking in at boots again in the spring.
Back to top Go down
willowsfriend

willowsfriend

PostSubject: jogging shoes   Renegade Boots - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 11:58 am

I couldn't figure out the exchange rate for these shoes on their website. It looked like it was close to dollar-dollar but that meant the shoes would be $1700/pair, which seems kind of unimaginable to me! That they're light & flexible sounds great, too.
Back to top Go down
Barefoot_Horsegirl

Barefoot_Horsegirl

PostSubject: Re: Renegade Boots   Renegade Boots - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 1:33 pm

That's about right Hug. I had studs added to my Renegades which is something like an extra $30.

Flicka wrote:
I tried the Renegades, but they didn't fit on Flicka's feet so I ended up selling them. I have pictures around here somewhere's.

Now that I'm trimming her feet with help, I'm going to start looking in at boots again in the spring.
Renegades would def work for Flicka now, especially that you're trimming. I generally have to back Beauty's toes just a tad before I put them on. They should be snug.

Quote :
I couldn't figure out the exchange rate for these shoes on their website. It looked like it was close to dollar-dollar but that meant the shoes would be $1700/pair, which seems kind of unimaginable to me! That they're light & flexible sounds great, too.
The website doesn't include Canadian prices at this point but I believe they will be about $260, taxes included Canadian.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Renegade Boots   Renegade Boots - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Renegade Boots
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2