Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Giving Shots Yourself

Go down 
+2
lb-ranch
SnapHappyHillbilly
6 posters
AuthorMessage
SnapHappyHillbilly

Giving Shots Yourself Empty
PostSubject: Giving Shots Yourself   Giving Shots Yourself Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 9:00 am

So, I'd like to be about to give my horses shots myself this year... like the usual required to show shots... Do NB vets let you do this by yourself? I would just like avoid the larger bill haha.. I know with cattle you can got to the vet office and get the shots to be administered yourself, so I was wondering if horse is the same way?
Back to top Go down
http://www.scuffedboots.ca
lb-ranch

PostSubject: Re: Giving Shots Yourself   Giving Shots Yourself Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 10:10 am

I do most of our shots myself, however some shows require veterinarian certificate proof of vaccination so that means having the vet out to give those shots. If it just say's vaccination recommended then the ones I've done are fine. I purchase my vaccines stateside so I dont know about getting them from the vet, I did see some at a couple feed stores a while back (sussex and Moncton co-op's had some) but it's been 2 years since I've looked to see if they still carry them.
Back to top Go down
D-Cutch

D-Cutch

PostSubject: Re: Giving Shots Yourself   Giving Shots Yourself Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 10:40 am

I know here in PEI there isn't a problem buying your horse vaccinations... or atleast we were able to purchase and administer rhino/flu, tetanus, west nile, and strangles vaccinations...
Back to top Go down
http://www.pphfarms.com
SexyDexy

SexyDexy

PostSubject: Re: Giving Shots Yourself   Giving Shots Yourself Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 11:39 am

My vet has a policy that I can buy and give my own vaccines as long as he has seen the horse in the past 12 months.
Back to top Go down
Flicka

PostSubject: Re: Giving Shots Yourself   Giving Shots Yourself Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 1:17 pm

The only one the vet has to give in NB, is Rabies. It has to be administered by a vet.
Back to top Go down
StraitView G

StraitView G

Location : Strait View Stables - Lismore (between Antigonish/New Glasgow)

PostSubject: Re: Giving Shots Yourself   Giving Shots Yourself Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 11:52 am

The only shots I give my horses are Flu/Rhino and Tetanus which I can purchase over the counter at the vet (New Glasgow, NS) and administer myself. If my herd is going to be attending a lot of shows I'll also do Strangles.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Giving Shots Yourself   Giving Shots Yourself Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Giving Shots Yourself
Page 1 of 1