Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ropin Lesson

Go down 
+3
Wissy
naughty by nature
oldsaddlebags
7 posters
AuthorMessage
oldsaddlebags

oldsaddlebags

Ropin Lesson Empty
PostSubject: Ropin Lesson   Ropin Lesson Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 9:39 pm

Here I am practicing roping for the Ranch Trail class at the Annapolis Valley Ex coming up soon.

We are not sure if this will be an obstacle or not, but we figured we had better try it beforehand.
I wasn't too sure how things would go once I started swinging the rope, but she was pretty cool about the whole ordeal.

Ropin Lesson Roping

Ropin Lesson Roping3

Caught the little sucker, then we pulled him off his feet!! LOL

Ropin Lesson Roping4
Back to top Go down
naughty by nature

Ropin Lesson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ropin Lesson   Ropin Lesson Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 10:30 pm

great pictures your horse looks pretty calm doesn't look like roping bothered her in the least
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

Ropin Lesson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ropin Lesson   Ropin Lesson Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 11:10 pm

haha cool.. I should try that with Gunnar.. I know what he will do.. he'll try and grab the rope.. that's what he does in trail when we are going through the gate.. just trying to help.. lol...
Back to top Go down
D-Cutch

D-Cutch

Ropin Lesson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ropin Lesson   Ropin Lesson Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 7:22 am

Way to go!!!!! Roping sure isn't as easy as some make it look. Looks like you've got the skill down pat!!

We had a Heeler my husband use to rope... LOL it was quite comical... pooch thought it was the best game!
Back to top Go down
http://www.pphfarms.com
Twilight

Ropin Lesson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ropin Lesson   Ropin Lesson Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 10:20 pm

Wow, greatstuff! I know Nemo has been roped off, but I am sure I couldn't do it.
Back to top Go down
oldsaddlebags

oldsaddlebags

Ropin Lesson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ropin Lesson   Ropin Lesson Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 11:47 am

Ha,ha, ha...it is easier than I thought.
Back to top Go down
Twilight

Ropin Lesson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ropin Lesson   Ropin Lesson Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 8:44 am

I would need remedial classes for sure.

Saddle looks great on her, BTW
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

Ropin Lesson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ropin Lesson   Ropin Lesson Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 11:27 am

TO HECK WITH THE TRAIL CLASS........GIRL YOU NEED TO EARN SOME EXTRA MONEY........HEADING OR HEELING.......BIG BUCKS IN THAT!!!!!!!!!!! well done....but I have never seen this challenge in a trail clas....but I like it!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
oldsaddlebags

oldsaddlebags

Ropin Lesson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ropin Lesson   Ropin Lesson Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 1:42 pm

Ha, ha, ha Joan, I did have to wrangle some cattle the other night. Found some loose cows on the way home, couldn't leave them in the road. But did it on foot.

The Annapolis Valley Ex has added a Ranch Trail class this year. We are not too sure what we will encounter. Just preparing for some of the un-knowns. I'm sure there will be pics at some point from the ex. Robin's Keltic Buckaroo always has her camera handy.
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

Ropin Lesson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ropin Lesson   Ropin Lesson Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 7:32 pm

ah, a ranch trail class....well then, dragging a bale of straw, picking up a box or bag of live chickens, getting your platic rain coat and putting it on, or a garbage bag full of empty pop cans tied to your saddle........I DO LIKE THE LIVE CHICKENS BEST THOUGH..........always good for a laugh :cowboyhound.gi :roll:
Back to top Go down
oldsaddlebags

oldsaddlebags

Ropin Lesson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ropin Lesson   Ropin Lesson Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 9:06 am

YIKES!!! If those are some of the obstacle then I will definitely part of the entertainment. :affraid: :Ohno.gif:
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

Ropin Lesson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ropin Lesson   Ropin Lesson Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 9:54 am

hahaha.........I even saw a pen with Pigs and geese one time and you had to open up the top of the cage and drop in some carrots..........FUNNY :roll: :cowboyhound.gi
Back to top Go down
oldsaddlebags

oldsaddlebags

Ropin Lesson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ropin Lesson   Ropin Lesson Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 1:45 pm

We tried dragging a log today. Pretty scary at first. She's not really fond of ground poles so I guess they seemed the same to her.
Chickens huh?????? Good God what have I got myself into!!!! :EX.gif: :EX.gif: :EX.gif:
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

Ropin Lesson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ropin Lesson   Ropin Lesson Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 1:47 pm

JUST SHUT YOUR EYES AND GO FOR IT!!!!!!! thats how I drive accross bridges............hahahahahahahahah :roll:
Back to top Go down
Loves Color

Loves Color

Ropin Lesson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ropin Lesson   Ropin Lesson Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 1:49 pm

That sounds like a really cool class to WATCH.
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

Ropin Lesson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ropin Lesson   Ropin Lesson Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 1:51 pm

Not ALL show COMMITTEES will GO for some of the AVANTE GARDE sections....but IF I RULED THE WORLD.....IT WOULD ALL BE IN THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hahahahahahhaa
Back to top Go down
oldsaddlebags

oldsaddlebags

Ropin Lesson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ropin Lesson   Ropin Lesson Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 9:44 pm

I'm hoping to find someone to video tape for me. It's hard to watch from the warm up ring.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ropin Lesson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ropin Lesson   Ropin Lesson Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ropin Lesson
Page 1 of 1