Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I'm going out for another lesson today

Go down 
+7
Tammy
Lightning
Barefoot_Horsegirl
Simi
Wissy
C4B's
just joan
11 posters
AuthorMessage
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

I'm going out for another lesson today Empty
PostSubject: I'm going out for another lesson today   I'm going out for another lesson today Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 8:20 am

It's a beautiful day.........I got a little DANCE DITTY in my morning email and I'm off shortly to take another lesson at Ralphs. I am so enjoying riding really well trained atheletes who try so hard to give you exactly what you asked for.......even if its not what the coach wants........hahahaha...........but I have decided that reining is definately something I would like to continue.............it is so just like dancing.............I still have a long way to go but at least \i have the holding the basket down pat.........hahahahaha........never mind you actually have to be there ..........but the guys are still saddling up and helping me so I dont have to put anymore strain on my hands than necessary.......I wouldnt be able to go without help.....today I think I get to try ROLLBACKS...........wooooooooooohooooooooooo

Last edited by just joan on Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
C4B's

C4B's

PostSubject: Re: I'm going out for another lesson today   I'm going out for another lesson today Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 8:33 am

Good for you.... have fun today and tell us how you get on with the roll backs...... could you take Buck with you and have lessons on him or do you think Buck and Ralph might not get on hahahahahah and i guess it is easier to learn something if the horse knows what it is doing!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

PostSubject: Re: I'm going out for another lesson today   I'm going out for another lesson today Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 9:04 am

Yay for you.. sounds exciting.. do you think you can take the camera and have someone snap a few pics... let us know how you make out today on the roll backs........... fun!!!
Back to top Go down
Simi
Mod
Simi

PostSubject: Re: I'm going out for another lesson today   I'm going out for another lesson today Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 9:12 am

Way to go JJ !!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.maritime-equestrians.com
Barefoot_Horsegirl

Barefoot_Horsegirl

PostSubject: Re: I'm going out for another lesson today   I'm going out for another lesson today Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 11:01 am

That's great JJ! I would love to have regular lessons on a well trained horse. We need pictures! How did it go today?
Back to top Go down
Lightning
Mod
Lightning

PostSubject: Re: I'm going out for another lesson today   I'm going out for another lesson today Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 11:30 am

Way to go girl!!!!
Back to top Go down
Tammy

PostSubject: Re: I'm going out for another lesson today   I'm going out for another lesson today Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 1:25 pm

Good for you! Let us know how it goes because I'm sure there's going to be some entertaining moments for sure. Ralph must be a saint!
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

PostSubject: Re: I'm going out for another lesson today   I'm going out for another lesson today Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 1:48 pm

the part about taking Buck is not exactly the point......I am getting confidence and balance and speed along with some of the best ENCOURAGEMENT & CRITICISM(I dont mean critique) like, "if you dont quit pulling on that horses face, I'm going to kick your pixie so hard" and " do you know you are riding like you are Roses.. a football"........

most of the time its just Ralph and I in the ring and he is not EXACTLY your Touchy Feely type of guy, so I would never ask him to take a photo or even remotely think about asking him........I can just hear him.......What do you think this is........a Fashion shoot............if you want to get all Girly on me...yada yada yada........Ralph is definately a one of a kind and I would not go anywhere else....

I too never had occasion to actually get real lessons at anytime before.......so this should have been at the TOP OF MY BUCKETLIST before I went looking for a horse..........

If you ever got the opportunity to go to Ralphs for lessons or words of wisdom or whatever.....you have to be prepared to LISTEN.......cause if you dont, he'll just tell you to get the Bleeding heart out........dont waste his time ......... he does not suffer fools llightly and has better things to do with his days...........hahahahaha...........I today was "REALLY GOOD" at my lope departure to the right........but my left.......well, maybe I just should say I did it lots of times till I got it done nicely..........we never did make it to roll backs ...........you gotta have your OTHER STUFF practiced perfectly before you can move on...........next time........ :cowboyhound.gi
Back to top Go down
SexyDexy

SexyDexy

PostSubject: Re: I'm going out for another lesson today   I'm going out for another lesson today Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 3:18 pm

That's awesome Joan I'm going out for another lesson today 197264

I've been considering taking some regular lessons for the same reasons - gain some confidence back and learn more. There's always more to learn and I haven't taken a lesson in 16 years. Cripes, they'd probably start me off in the beginner class it's been so long lol!
Back to top Go down
Ellie*Mae

Ellie*Mae

PostSubject: Re: I'm going out for another lesson today   I'm going out for another lesson today Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 3:36 pm

Way to go Joan - I love taking lessons! I need the focus, I need someone to make me work....
stealing thread now - I would love to take them at home with Arrow, anyone know of a qualified western coach doing home lessons on PEI?
Back to top Go down
C4B's

C4B's

PostSubject: Re: I'm going out for another lesson today   I'm going out for another lesson today Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 5:34 pm

Glad you had a good day, Ralph certainly is one of a kind, his horses are trained so well and are so calm, i am hoping to get back there for some more lessons soon, i have my next cortisone shot in the shoulder tomorrow and i am hoping for more relief from this one !!!

Hind sight is a wonderful thing..... about lessons being at the top of the list, i think i too should have done that!!!
Back to top Go down
Tammy

PostSubject: Re: I'm going out for another lesson today   I'm going out for another lesson today Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 8:05 pm

Ralph sounds like my type of guy!
Back to top Go down
SexyDexy

SexyDexy

PostSubject: Re: I'm going out for another lesson today   I'm going out for another lesson today Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 8:36 pm

I think Ralph would make me cry lol!
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

PostSubject: Re: I'm going out for another lesson today   I'm going out for another lesson today Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 11:09 pm

he is definately NOT A RENOSAINCE MAN........BUT, cindyrelly you would only think about crying once and then you would be too scared to let it out.........hahahahaha.............actually he is a really good guy, just cant abide folks that are DEAF to his words........... :cowboyhound.gi
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

PostSubject: Re: I'm going out for another lesson today   I'm going out for another lesson today Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 7:52 am

it all sounds great Joan.. maybe when I come down this summer you can take me there and see a lesson.. I'm so happy for you I could bust.. lol..
maybe Cinderelly should come with me and we can see if he can make her cry.. lol..
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

PostSubject: Re: I'm going out for another lesson today   I'm going out for another lesson today Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 9:06 am

what with your farting and her picking her nose.........what should I introduce you guys as????? I have a few ideas.........hahahahaha............. :doglaugh.gif: I'm going out for another lesson today 55920 I'm going out for another lesson today 5543 :cowgirlride.gi
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

PostSubject: Re: I'm going out for another lesson today   I'm going out for another lesson today Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 9:12 am

lol .. how about nose pickin assholes.. I'm going out for another lesson today 762774 I'm going out for another lesson today 45324 I'm going out for another lesson today 338415

we are one of a kind that's for sure..
Back to top Go down
Barefoot_Horsegirl

Barefoot_Horsegirl

PostSubject: Re: I'm going out for another lesson today   I'm going out for another lesson today Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 9:23 am

Glad to hear your having a great time and learning lots.

Ellie Mae - I found a dressage coach in my area who will travel to my home for $30/hr, plus travel. I'm a western rider and my horse is 100% western. So far we've only done one lesson (then winter hit), but it was awesome. What I'm trying to say is its a BIG help having an extra set of experienced eyes on the ground no matter the discipline. Even if you can find an English coach I think you'll improve.
Back to top Go down
Ellie*Mae

Ellie*Mae

PostSubject: Re: I'm going out for another lesson today   I'm going out for another lesson today Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 10:07 am

BFHG - I agree 100% - there is one girl advertising on PEI who is an english coach, I'm not hung up on discipline either, good equitation is good equitation......I took lessons for YEARS with a great coach - not his fault I'm no better than I am LOL! but its hard to get him to come for home schooling....!
Back to top Go down
FIREBUG

PostSubject: Re: I'm going out for another lesson today   I'm going out for another lesson today Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 8:30 am

Good for you Joan. Sounds like you are having a great time. Keep up the good work!
Back to top Go down
molulin_rouge

PostSubject: Re: I'm going out for another lesson today   I'm going out for another lesson today Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 3:51 pm

Ellie Mae
There are definately coaches around that travel!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm going out for another lesson today   I'm going out for another lesson today Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I'm going out for another lesson today
Page 1 of 1