Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A Lumpy Horse

Go down 
+11
Salsasue
Mac-Ben
~TC~
Barefoot_Horsegirl
Tammy
SexyDexy
Freva
threehorses
Wissy
Twilight
DesignedByDiesel
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
DesignedByDiesel

DesignedByDiesel

A Lumpy Horse - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Lumpy Horse   A Lumpy Horse - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 12:10 pm

Thanks for sending your healing vibes : )

Zippy finished his last package of dex powder. Once we reduced to every other day with the steroids his hives are starting to come back.

I figured thing we've had a few frosts here in Greenwood/Kingston that our problem would be solved. I guess not. I started him on Epic Canadian though. The hives aren't as bad as what they were. Sigh. I don' t know about this horse of mine : (
Back to top Go down
SexyDexy

SexyDexy

PostSubject: Re: A Lumpy Horse   A Lumpy Horse - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 12:54 pm

I was watching the weather network this morning and there was a story about a dog that had allergies to the molds in decaying leaves and plant material come fall. The only symptom he has was being itchy.

If it were caused by mold in leaves/plant material then a frost wouldn't get rid of it right away. Are there lots of trees around/in his pasture that have dropped their leaves? It's been so wet that a blanket of leaves would go moldy pretty quick I would imagine.
Back to top Go down
DesignedByDiesel

DesignedByDiesel

PostSubject: Re: A Lumpy Horse   A Lumpy Horse - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 10:18 pm

UPDATE!!!

Zippy finished his 2nd dosing of Dex. Once every other day hit he started to break out again.. THIS TIME BOTH MY HORSES ARE BREAKING OUT.. :(:(:(:(:(:(

We are going to alternate pastures. Block off part of the pasture that they rarely went on last year to see if it has to do with over there.
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

PostSubject: Re: A Lumpy Horse   A Lumpy Horse - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 7:22 am

oh no.. not the mare too.. holy crap you must be pulling your hair out.. funny my sister had a similar problem a couple of times with her horse.. just like Zippy.. he was a mess.. no problems lately.. and she never did find out what caused it.. strange isn't it.. Hope it just goes away for you too and never comes back.. it's nerve racking.. my thoughts are with you for them to get better and soon .. (((HUGS))
Back to top Go down
Tammy

PostSubject: Re: A Lumpy Horse   A Lumpy Horse - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 12:19 pm

GOOD LORD ! Two of them with the same lumps? Did the mare break out as badly? I hope you can find out what is causing it or at least determine where/what you can keep them away from in order to lessen it. I'd be off my friggin' head by now! Positive thoughts coming your way.
Back to top Go down
rude

rude

PostSubject: Re: A Lumpy Horse   A Lumpy Horse - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 7:48 am

wow this is strange...please do keep us posted as this could be educational for all of us A Lumpy Horse - Page 2 757770
there's always something new popping up :cowboyani.gif: humm wondering if some MSM which is a natural product anti-inflamatory would help following the dex treatment?
Back to top Go down
DesignedByDiesel

DesignedByDiesel

PostSubject: Re: A Lumpy Horse   A Lumpy Horse - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 8:18 am

I had tried everything, luckily the hives went away all on their own. I don' tknow what it was. I had increased the antihistamines like the vet told me. Maybe that's what it was. Who knows. It's a mystery...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Lumpy Horse   A Lumpy Horse - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Lumpy Horse
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2