Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Saturday I learned a lesson...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
SexyDexy

SexyDexy

Saturday I learned a lesson... Empty
PostSubject: Saturday I learned a lesson...   Saturday I learned a lesson... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 2:08 pm

... in modular home construction. Did you know that the carpet is laid before the interior walls are erected? I did not know that. It took me nearly 10 hours to take up the carpet in my living room and hallway Saturday I learned a lesson... 989857 I still have 3 bedrooms to do :roll:

Also, they don't use those tack strips to hold the carpet in place, you know the ones that the carpet easilty peels away from. No, they use monster cardboard staples every 2 inches. And they are just far enough under the wall that you have to use pliers on your hands and knees to pull them out.

God give me the strength to finish the 3 other rooms, without loosing it completely.

BTW Joan, how big of a piece of carpet do you need for the bunkhouse?

Here's some pictures (cell phone quality) of my nice OSB floor. Real floors will be done on Saturday but I'm liking the change already.

Saturday I learned a lesson... Image035
Saturday I learned a lesson... Image021
Back to top Go down
Tammy

PostSubject: Re: Saturday I learned a lesson...   Saturday I learned a lesson... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 9:12 pm

I don't envy you. Sounds like another case of something being built by someone not even thinking of doing a reno or redecoration. You may want to invest in a pair of "happy knees". I've never used them myself but I've always like the name! :flower:
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

PostSubject: Re: Saturday I learned a lesson...   Saturday I learned a lesson... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 11:18 pm

YIKES...........THAT SOUNDS UTTERLY RIDICULOUS............AND TIME CONSUMING..........thistle..........SORRY.........THE BUNKHOUSE IS 36X12 SO WHATEVER YOU CAN SPARE WOULD BE PERFECT THANK YOU. :cowboyhound.gi
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
C4B's

C4B's

PostSubject: Re: Saturday I learned a lesson...   Saturday I learned a lesson... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 8:29 am

I bet you wish you never started hahahahahahaa it will look so nice when it is done, the boyfriend looks relaxed was he exhausted from all the work !!??????? i hope he helped !!!!!
Back to top Go down
SexyDexy

SexyDexy

PostSubject: Re: Saturday I learned a lesson...   Saturday I learned a lesson... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 9:41 am

Quote :
the boyfriend looks relaxed was he exhausted from all the work !!??????? i hope he helped !!!!!

Ha Ha, hope away! His knee was crippled up for the past week so he did a lot of heavy looking on; and watching football. He did help me lift the TV for a few seconds so I could pull the carpet out from under it. Saturday I learned a lesson... 338415

In fairness, he did seem like he was in a lot of pain. He better help with the bedrooms next week though.

Last edited by SexyDexy on Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

PostSubject: Re: Saturday I learned a lesson...   Saturday I learned a lesson... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 9:44 am

hahah, dexy does this mean a trip to the loch anytime soon.. yeehaw...
Back to top Go down
SexyDexy

SexyDexy

PostSubject: Re: Saturday I learned a lesson...   Saturday I learned a lesson... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 10:00 am

I don't know about your car Wissy, but mine would have a hard time fitting that much carpet in the trunk. I doubt Tom would let me take his truck but I could ask.
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

PostSubject: Re: Saturday I learned a lesson...   Saturday I learned a lesson... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 12:26 pm

thats nice that you are THINKING OF DELIVERING GIRLS.........but I could come get it.....just means you dont get to stay over........I got lots of new videos.......
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Saturday I learned a lesson...   Saturday I learned a lesson... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Saturday I learned a lesson...
Page 1 of 1