Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A place to post some old sayings....

Go down 
+5
Highlander
night owl
~TC~
Wissy
MoonShadow
9 posters
AuthorMessage
MoonShadow

MoonShadow

A place to post some old sayings.... Empty
PostSubject: A place to post some old sayings....   A place to post some old sayings.... Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 12:49 pm

Well I figured I would start this thread... I am sure there are a ton of sayings, out there... and I'm betting some are regional... Maybe they are all "Maritime"..maybe not.. I'll start with a few I can think of at the moment... then everyone add some or one as you think of them.

Sexy that saying of your Dads... I heard that one alot growing up, as did my kids. hahaha..

Here's another one: it would follow a question as to where some one or something was..

" Up a hens pixie on an egg hunt, why? Did you want to go??"

Another describing some one who was moving quickly... "they were gum-bootin 'er"
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

PostSubject: Re: A place to post some old sayings....   A place to post some old sayings.... Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 2:03 pm

well MS I never heard either one of those..

How about
"If if's and and's were pots and pans there would be no room for dishes"
Back to top Go down
~TC~

PostSubject: Re: A place to post some old sayings....   A place to post some old sayings.... Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 2:43 pm

Describing the color:
"It's as black as a Crow's @ss"

A well bred horse:
"That horse is bred higher then a woodpecker's hole."

A horse that can get around light on it's feet...
"That horse could step on a rose, and not bruise a petal."
Back to top Go down
night owl

PostSubject: Re: A place to post some old sayings....   A place to post some old sayings.... Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 2:54 pm

I got this one from my mom. When she is frustrated she says " Isn't that enough to give a dogs pixie the hiccups"
Back to top Go down
~TC~

PostSubject: Re: A place to post some old sayings....   A place to post some old sayings.... Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 5:41 pm

When you are really thirsty..

"I'm dryer then a hen's snatch, laying a double yolker"...
lol... omg..that one just cracks me up...
Back to top Go down
MoonShadow

MoonShadow

PostSubject: Re: A place to post some old sayings....   A place to post some old sayings.... Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 6:16 pm

Hahaha... Yeah some real goodies there...lol

Heres some more...

"Drier than a popcorn fart!"

And to discribe someone who is thin... "Not enough meat on her bones to make a snatch for a canary!"

Keep em comming.. These are hillarious.
Back to top Go down
Highlander

Highlander

PostSubject: Re: A place to post some old sayings....   A place to post some old sayings.... Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 7:50 pm

Well Moonshadow,i thought you might start a thread like this,was thinking about it myself."Great minds think alike". Here are a few Irish sayings. This one is the irish version of one MS wrote about explaining where someone or something has gone. " He/she's up my hole picking raspberries" If someone has farted it's usually them that make the first comment."Every dog smells his own" These 2 describe someone who is posh" Her geese are all swans" and "She thinks she pi sses perfume". Thats all my brain can muster up for the moment but i'll have more sooon. Solo has been animated, did you notice Moonshadow. A place to post some old sayings.... 273165
Back to top Go down
Highlander

Highlander

PostSubject: Re: A place to post some old sayings....   A place to post some old sayings.... Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 9:20 pm

Here's some more,try and see if you can guess there meaning. I'll even put them in catogree's. Animal related ones. " A turkey never voted for an early Christmas". " Neither give cherries to a pig nor advice to a fool". "A nod is as good as a wink to a blind Horse". "Do not mistake a goats beard for a fine Stallions tail". "What's good for the goose is good for the Gander". "It's a bad Hen who won't scratch herself". " What butter and whiskey will not cure there's no cure for". Every patient is a doctor after his cure". " You'll never plough a field by turning it over in your mind". "Red sky at night sheperds delight,red sky in the morning sheperds warning". Man related-"the Irish forgive their men when they are safely buried". "Men are like bagpipes,no sound comes from them till they're full". "A fool and his money are easily parted". "A closed mouth....a wise head". " A watched kettle never boils". "It's no use carring an umbrella if your shoes are leaking". "The older the fiddle,the sweeter the tune". "Be kind to those who meet you as you rise,you may pass them again as you fall". 2 more to go,and being Irish these apply. "A narrow neck keeps the bottle from being emptied in one swig". "Drink is the curse of the land,it makes you fight with your neighbour,it makes you shoot at your landlord,and it makes you Miss him". A place to post some old sayings.... 273165
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

PostSubject: Re: A place to post some old sayings....   A place to post some old sayings.... Icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 6:48 am

up your kilt with a wire brush.
your heed's full of broken biscuits,

I will have to get my thinking cap on to come up with more..........scottish and irish sayings are quite similar......the sentiment is the same...they just use different words.......hahahaha. A place to post some old sayings.... 78140 A place to post some old sayings.... 78140 A place to post some old sayings.... 78140
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
Tammy

PostSubject: Re: A place to post some old sayings....   A place to post some old sayings.... Icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 8:56 pm

On a windy day you'd say "it'll blow da milk right outta yer tea!" or, "fine day for a line!" (meaning hanging your clothes out on a clothesline)

About someone who isn't very attractive, "she's got a face on 'er like a boiled boot!"

About someone who talks alot, "he'd talk a cat right off a fish truck!"

About a really nice looking animal, "dats sum clevva dog missus!"

Where are you from, "where you longs to?"

Did you catch any fish today? No. "ern? nern!"
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

PostSubject: Re: A place to post some old sayings....   A place to post some old sayings.... Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 6:33 am

for not so good looking
a face only a mother could love
she's a three bagger

not so smart
elevator dont go all the way to the top
she's a few apples shy of a pie
etc etc etc

for mouthy folks
talk the hind end off a donkey

for hungry folks
could eat the hind end off a donkey

for someone whos lost
he took the long road for a shortcut
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
~TC~

PostSubject: Re: A place to post some old sayings....   A place to post some old sayings.... Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 7:52 am

For someone who has a good time no matter what they are doing "He could party with a fencepost."

Hungry person... "I could eat the infested hole of a road kill skunk"..

Helping someone look better "Want to lose 10 pounds of ugly fat? Cut off your head"...
Back to top Go down
MoonShadow

MoonShadow

PostSubject: Re: A place to post some old sayings....   A place to post some old sayings.... Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 10:23 am

Thanks everyone... this is so awesome. I am saving these all up, and giving them to my actress/comedian daughter, so she can use some of them in her shows. At the moment she is writing a monologue based on Ikeda and her personality.. embellished of course.. I can't wait to read it. Its for one of the other actors in the troop..

Heres another couple..

"He reeked so bad, he'd knock a buzzard of a thistle wagon!"

"Ohh my she was beat with the ugly stick!"
Back to top Go down
SexyDexy

SexyDexy

PostSubject: Re: A place to post some old sayings....   A place to post some old sayings.... Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 11:56 am

Here's some more:

"Nervous as a longtailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs"

"Don't know his buttercup from a hole in the ground"

"Couldn't say thistle if he had a mouthful"

"If you had a brain you'd be dangerous"

"Crazy as a bag of hammers"

"Useless as tits on a bull"

"Haven't got a pot to piss in"

"Put that in your pipe and smoke it"

"That's your buttercup talking 'cause your mouth knows better"
Back to top Go down
oldsaddlebags

oldsaddlebags

PostSubject: Re: A place to post some old sayings....   A place to post some old sayings.... Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 3:10 pm

If my dad wanted us to hurry it up he would say:

Get your @ss in your hand!!!
Back to top Go down
~TC~

PostSubject: Re: A place to post some old sayings....   A place to post some old sayings.... Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 4:20 pm

I saw one on FB the other day..something like:
"You need a glass bellybutton. When you have your head that far up your @ss you need something to look out of."

Also, when someone is telling a fib.., "You're so full of s**t, your eyes are brown!"..
Back to top Go down
Highlander

Highlander

PostSubject: Re: A place to post some old sayings....   A place to post some old sayings.... Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 4:29 pm

Yeah Joan,a lot of the sayings on the last few posts are similar to ones we'd use here.One Tammy used we say it like this. Someone who's ugly " She's got a face like a well slapped arse". For someone who's not sure about doing something,"Shi t or get off the pot". "he dose'nt know his pixie from his elbow". "One sandwich short of a picnic".I've loads more just have to get my head in gear and remember them.This is great bit of skit(laugh).
Back to top Go down
night owl

PostSubject: Re: A place to post some old sayings....   A place to post some old sayings.... Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 12:53 am

not so smart:

half a bubble off plumb
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A place to post some old sayings....   A place to post some old sayings.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A place to post some old sayings....
Page 1 of 1