Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Another foot question

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Tango

Another foot question Empty
PostSubject: Another foot question   Another foot question Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 5:53 pm

I have been reading more on club feet and found some very interesting info on Pete Ramey's site: "Square up the horse while someone holds the mane out of the way so that the withers and the shoulders can be viewed from behind. You may have to stand on a bucket or something to get this view. If the shoulder on the side of the club foot falls away from the withers more steeply or is smaller, nerve damage is probably your culprit." My gelding's shoulder on the club side is much smaller. On a site by Dr. Redden (http://www.nanric.com/Howtotreatclubfeet.asp) there is a grading scale and I would put my guy at a three. Can a club this severe be a result of the shoulder damage?

And lastly if anyone can reccommend a massage therapist in the southern N.B. area I would appreciate it.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
munchmom

PostSubject: Re: Another foot question   Another foot question Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 7:29 am

My young mare had a club foot and an underdeveloped shoulder we think because of an argument with the fence when she was a baby. I spoke to Pete Ramey about it and sure enough found the shoulder had no muscle at all. I had Dr Lee come and do a chiropractic adjustment and by the following day I actually had to trim that foot because her reach improved that much. I only wish I had not listened when I was told it was genetic and had found out earlier we probably could have reversed a lot of the damage had we treated her should earlier.

It is definitely better than it was but will never be quite normal.
Back to top Go down
Tango

PostSubject: Re: Another foot question   Another foot question Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 7:44 am

Normal is all relative eh? :-) My goal is just to have him comfortable and be able to go on a few trail rides with my daughters.

What is frustrating is that he was good all winter. Once the weather warms up he starts limping. Can you pm me the chiro info?

I think his is a result of injury, he has a ridge of scar tissue on that pastern. I have his papers so know his breeding but not sure how to go about finding out if there are any other club feet, he is out of Micos Tango by Leo Bars Kilobar and has a half sibling somewhere here in the maritimes, or at least he traveled out at the same time Sunshine Kilobar or Kilobar Sunshine I think.
Thanks so much.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another foot question   Another foot question Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Another foot question
Page 1 of 1