Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Help, my horse is crazy!!!

Go down 
+3
Wissy
just joan
Going Postal
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Going Postal

Going Postal

Help, my horse is crazy!!! Empty
PostSubject: Help, my horse is crazy!!!   Help, my horse is crazy!!! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 8:13 pm

Does anyone have any tips for naturally helping a mentally challenged horse????? I love my horse but I'm starting to think he really has mental issues. Today I went to ride in the snow and I was sooooo excited. I never even made it to the arena and he started to roll with me on him. So, I got back on and continued riding. He did it again 3 more times. It's like I'm not even there. I don't know what his problem is.

So then, I took him in and put him on the cross ties and took off his saddle. I just went outside long enough to talk to my father for a few minutes and when i came in he had half of the light bulb eaten. It was ON!!! I know it sounds funny at first but I thought he may have been electrocuted. He's completely fine physically. Nothing happened but he's just crazy. I think he may have ADHD. I wouldn't trade this horse for the world though. I guess I just have to live with his quirky personality!!!
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

PostSubject: Re: Help, my horse is crazy!!!   Help, my horse is crazy!!! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 6:27 am

crikey the lightbulb thing would have scared me...if he swallowed some of the glass............my new boy is nut too........everything has to be tasted.......he licks everything. I'm going to be worried about Kids walking by at the shows and feeding him everything.......he just eats whatever is there.......and your guy must just be a little ITCHY.....hahaha
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: Help, my horse is crazy!!!   Help, my horse is crazy!!! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 7:51 am

ha! ok, your problem made me laugh... eating the light bulb! :idea: lol

I would have to ask, how much turnout he gets...how much room does he have to roam out there, does he even want to roam, or does he just stick his head in a round bale...does he have other horses to play with... what does he eat etc etc...

Ask any "natural" horse person, and they like to see what mood the horse is in before they get in the saddle, buy doing some line work... that gets all the silliness out of them before getting in the saddle... tells you what mood they might be in for the rest of the ride, etc...

Sounds like he IS a busy boy, maybe kind of like certain breeds of dogs, and needs extra exercise and mental stimulation over other types of horses... :D And I may be the only one who sees this, but I do notice geldings seem to be more "mouthy" then mares, meaning they have their mouth and teeth and tongue on everything within reach.... lol Not sure why that is.... just playfulness maybe?

But eating the lightbulb...that cracks me up... :lol:
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

PostSubject: Re: Help, my horse is crazy!!!   Help, my horse is crazy!!! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 8:05 am

hey there TC..welcome aboard :cheers:
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
Going Postal

Going Postal

PostSubject: Re: Help, my horse is crazy!!!   Help, my horse is crazy!!! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 11:45 am

haha, it was funny once I knew he was okay......

TC, Gudrun told me he's a left brain extrovert(don't know about spelling). He just always needs something to do. He needs lots of stimulation. He's out everyday with 4 other horses and he eats some of the time but he's usually playing halter tag with DAX's horse. He doesn't usually roll like that with me on. I think it was just the new snow down yesterday. But as far as chewing. He'll eat anything and chew anything. It's a little scary. I think I might have to build my own barn with a rubber stall for him.

As far as his diet, he's on fat/fibre feed and hay and sometimes beet pulp in the evenings. I want to keep his weight up. I don't give him anything else. Oh I forgot his selenium/vitamin E. He goes downhill pretty quick without that.

He is a good boy though if you can look past his weirdness. I love riding him, he's a blast to race. He's just a bit nuts. But oh well, we're all a little weird. Aren't we??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Help, my horse is crazy!!!   Help, my horse is crazy!!! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 4:22 pm

Quote :
He's just a bit nuts. But oh well, we're all a little weird. Aren't we??

Well I know I am, that's for sure! :cyclops:
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

PostSubject: Re: Help, my horse is crazy!!!   Help, my horse is crazy!!! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 7:57 pm

ahah.. yup TC the ninja she is a bit on the wild side too :bounce: .. so she really understands your horse Postal.. :lol:
Back to top Go down
Caper Cowgirl

Caper Cowgirl

PostSubject: Re: Help, my horse is crazy!!!   Help, my horse is crazy!!! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 8:10 pm

I am trying not to laugh but I can't help it....OMG I would have cracked up seeing him near an eaten light bulb...You think since it was on it would have been hot..Silly boy

He sounds like quite the character...

I have no words of wisdom only excitement for the next story...lol
Back to top Go down
Twilight

PostSubject: Re: Help, my horse is crazy!!!   Help, my horse is crazy!!! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 8:13 pm

Reminds me of the "How many of breed XXX does it take to change a lightbulb' joke.

Is there something he is missing in diet, routine etc? Can you give him toys or something for entertainment?
Back to top Go down
DAX

DAX

PostSubject: Re: Help, my horse is crazy!!!   Help, my horse is crazy!!! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 9:42 pm

All I can say Twilight, is perhaps he is missing electricity in his diet. :lol: And as for a toy or entertain, he has a 1000lbs toy named HARLEY, that he constantly entertains him self with. MInd you Harley thinks Stamp is the entertainment!. They are always loosing halters.
Back to top Go down
Going Postal

Going Postal

PostSubject: Re: Help, my horse is crazy!!!   Help, my horse is crazy!!! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 9:51 pm

Just so everyone know, I only left him alone on the crossties for about 2 minutes......its like he does things when i'm not looking. He's sneaky.

On a better note. I had an awesome ride today and I untacked him in his stall. Really good day!!!
Back to top Go down
naughty by nature

PostSubject: Re: Help, my horse is crazy!!!   Help, my horse is crazy!!! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 6:01 pm

Karen my friend horse eats light bulbs too. no one knew until we took him to equine excellence for training. The first time everyone thought that the bulb broke and no one bothered to change it but then the next day it was gone again. so they had to cage it up lol. Target drops dead in his tracks when there is fresh snow but has never happend with me on him. What happens if you kick him while he's trying to roll?
Back to top Go down
Going Postal

Going Postal

PostSubject: Re: Help, my horse is crazy!!!   Help, my horse is crazy!!! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 7:44 pm

hahah, he pretty much doesn't care if I kick him. It's not a big deal though. The snow is almost gone now.
Back to top Go down
Twilight

PostSubject: Re: Help, my horse is crazy!!!   Help, my horse is crazy!!! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 10:51 pm

I have my oddball mare on Thia-Prem, and it has really helped to chill her out.
Back to top Go down
naughty by nature

PostSubject: Re: Help, my horse is crazy!!!   Help, my horse is crazy!!! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 1:06 am

i tried my horse on thia prem and it made him crazier he was right paranoid I guess it can work one of two ways
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help, my horse is crazy!!!   Help, my horse is crazy!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help, my horse is crazy!!!
Page 1 of 1