Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Introducing Sierra...

Go down 
+14
Tammy
~TC~
rude
mypony
Jolie
Bay-Lee
Caper Cowgirl
naughty by nature
SexyDexy
Wissy
just joan
Wranglin'ruff
Simi
D-Cutch
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
D-Cutch

D-Cutch

Introducing Sierra... Empty
PostSubject: Introducing Sierra...   Introducing Sierra... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 1:47 pm

Here she is - Sierra.... She needs a good bath, her mane clipped, and to be wormed but here she is outside for the first time. She sure doesn't nicker much - we were trying to load the young colts yesterday and were wishing she'd call to them and then today, we have quite a few horses around, there was a stallion in the roundpen next to her and she still wouldn't say a word. I find she has a big clonkin' head but I guess I really shouldn't talk - kind of the pot calling the kettle black.

Introducing Sierra... 55

Introducing Sierra... 585

Introducing Sierra... 588

Introducing Sierra... 7857

Introducing Sierra... 847

Introducing Sierra... 1

Introducing Sierra... 448

Introducing Sierra... 5

Introducing Sierra... 54
Back to top Go down
http://www.pphfarms.com
Simi
Mod
Simi

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Sierra...   Introducing Sierra... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 2:36 pm

What a pretty girl!! Love the long mane on her...
Back to top Go down
http://www.maritime-equestrians.com
Wranglin'ruff

Wranglin'ruff

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Sierra...   Introducing Sierra... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 2:39 pm

Wow she's nice!!! Purple I don't think that mane will stay very long lol!
Back to top Go down
Simi
Mod
Simi

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Sierra...   Introducing Sierra... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 2:41 pm

I know I know but I really like it..
Back to top Go down
http://www.maritime-equestrians.com
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Sierra...   Introducing Sierra... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 3:17 pm

I dont think she is fat D.........as a matter of fact...........not nearly fat........have a look at some of the foundation guys.....but what the hell do I know. :cowboyhound.gi
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Sierra...   Introducing Sierra... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 4:02 pm

:Jump2.gif: hahaha I love her .. another Yellow pony to google over.. yay for you and Brittany .. love love her.. ok get that mane cut.. and she'll look like the pretty fjord she is.. .. I think Gunnar would love her.. to bad he's a gelding.. and I dont' think her weight is to bad.. she's nice.. oh D.. can't wait to see pics with her all spiffied up.. bathed and brushed.. she's a looker for sure.. congrats!!!!
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Sierra...   Introducing Sierra... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 4:08 pm

D.. from what I can see her feet look good and her head is pretty.. and she seems to move nicely.. oh.. I can't stop looking at her.. lol need more Introducing Sierra... 590471
Back to top Go down
D-Cutch

D-Cutch

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Sierra...   Introducing Sierra... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 7:14 pm

I actually did take several more but they weren't very becoming....needless to say she didn't get her "girlie" figure back too quickly. LOL I guess her and I have lots in common - the honkin' head and inability to lose baby weight lol!
Back to top Go down
SexyDexy

SexyDexy

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Sierra...   Introducing Sierra... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 7:44 pm

I think she's cute. Hold head of hair though Introducing Sierra... 338415

How tall is she?
Back to top Go down
naughty by nature

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Sierra...   Introducing Sierra... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 9:24 pm

she's very cute I like the long mane
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Sierra...   Introducing Sierra... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 9:31 pm

D.. you can't compare her to you.. for god sakes stop being so hard on your self.. hehehehe.. If I were as tall as you I wouldn't be over weight.. ohhhhh yes I would.. ummmm let me rephrase that.. if I were 10 ft tall I wouldn't be over weight.. Introducing Sierra... 5543
Back to top Go down
Caper Cowgirl

Caper Cowgirl

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Sierra...   Introducing Sierra... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 11:03 pm

She is a cutie....Is she broke? What does Britanny think of her?
Back to top Go down
D-Cutch

D-Cutch

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Sierra...   Introducing Sierra... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 8:14 am

I'm not sure how tall she is - I went to measure her yesterday and Glenn freaked out at me because they were putting a telephone pole in the ground beside the barn and it was tipping the skidster and he didn't want it to fall on me....lovely husband :lol:

Anyhoo I would say she is a bit better than 14 hands... she isn't particularly big except the head ;)

She isn't broke yet but soon I hope - she is very bold and doesn't really lead yet so we have a few "respect" issues to work out first. The two previous places she was at let her get in their personal space and we aren't too fond of that. She doesn't think anything of running right over top of me. I opened her stall door yesterday morning and she near plowed me - I wasn't ready for it.

As for Brittany - she had a hard time understanding that Rosie, one of her Miniatures, was leaving (we traded horses) but Sierra let her pat her and nuzzled her a bit and Brittany understands that her father has to train Sierra first so for now she is content with bringing her grass (she feels it is her DUTY). I think this one is here for good - we aren't fond of switching Brittany's horses around the way we switch our own around as it doesn't teach her much. We also aren't fond of keeping something that isn't safe for her but we want her to understand animals aren't disposible and give her the chance to develop a relationship.
Back to top Go down
Bay-Lee

Bay-Lee

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Sierra...   Introducing Sierra... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 8:27 am

she is really pretty....
Back to top Go down
Jolie

Jolie

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Sierra...   Introducing Sierra... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 10:22 am

what a cutie!
Back to top Go down
mypony

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Sierra...   Introducing Sierra... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 11:56 am

What a nice new horse! Are you going to give her a Fjord hair cut? Or one of those D-Cutch "special" hair cuts???

There is a Fjord down the road from me that has even LESS training then this young girl. I don't think it has had a halter on in about 5 years and I think the poor fellow is only 5 or 6.
Back to top Go down
rude

rude

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Sierra...   Introducing Sierra... Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 9:09 am

mypony wrote:
What a nice new horse! Are you going to give her a Fjord hair cut? Or one of those D-Cutch "special" hair cuts???

I was going to ask the same question...please don't cut it..it's soooo preetty
Back to top Go down
~TC~

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Sierra...   Introducing Sierra... Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 9:27 am

I know it is not the breed standard, but I am liking the long mane! That is cool with the black running through it!
Back to top Go down
Tammy

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Sierra...   Introducing Sierra... Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 8:47 pm

I don't think her head looks big! Maybe you should post a head shot of you and her so we can compare! lol!
Back to top Go down
PonyWrangler

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Sierra...   Introducing Sierra... Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 5:22 pm

She's super cute!

but are you going to keep her mane long liek that?

the reason why i ask is because fjord's manes are so thick and heavy and they will loose muscle in their neck if it's left long like that
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Sierra...   Introducing Sierra... Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 9:18 pm

PW.. hahah who told you that.. did you see how big the necks of the fjords are?.. I really don't think that would happen, but cutting the mane short the way it's suppose to be shows off how wonderful their necks are.. and shows the muscles in their necks..
PW.. now I'm not saying your wrong.. I never heard that.. but it doesn't make sense to me.. let me know because I'm open to new stuff anytime..
and by the way how the heck are you doing ??? it's summer now.. are you doing many shows? When do you plan on coming home for a bit?..
Back to top Go down
D-Cutch

D-Cutch

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Sierra...   Introducing Sierra... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 6:58 am

I know that we had the neck on a Morgan stallion we use to own fall over because his mane was about 2 ft long...

Her mane is being roached... LOL as pretty as it is, it is far too much work when collaring her for harness.

She's out to pasture at the moment so I havn't got to it yet. After worming her she needed to gain some weight and we turned a yearling filly out at the same time and the herd didn't accept either of them so they're kind of hanging out together and because of the way the yearling was brought up she has no clue so we're kind of letting Sierra babysit for a bit.
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Sierra...   Introducing Sierra... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 7:46 am

I was wondering how that went, a lot of times the herd won't accept a fjord for some reason, maybe because the look and smell different, don't know if you noticed that she smells different than other horses? anyhoo.. I'm glad you put her in with a baby .. she'll be fine with that.. Can't wait to see more pics of her.. and her roached mane.. lol
Back to top Go down
PonyWrangler

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Sierra...   Introducing Sierra... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 5:28 pm

Spring break i worked at a fjord breeders, and she taught me how to cut the manes and why it's so important.

But funny thing..... almost all of her horse's bloodlines comes from Nova Scotia!
Back to top Go down
Total Eclipse

Total Eclipse

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Sierra...   Introducing Sierra... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 9:08 pm

PW- Sooooooo jealous :P .Were they all Gjest lines? lol BDF here in NS does A LOT of exporting :)

I think I see what you are saying.. but the way you said it was confusing lol. Did you mean the mane is so heavy and thick that it weights down the neck making it flop over?

I've also heard that fjords are likely to not get accepted into SOME herds lol, I've also seen them turned out with other breeds. I suppose it depends on the horses. A friend of mine as a Paint that gets nasty in the arena when there are Fjords present. LOL I know the first time I brought Gunnar up to the barn I work at ( Mostly all warmbloods) all the horses nearly flipped over when they saw him :roll: He was always curious why other horses ran away from him :)
One little Morgan is STILL scared of the site of him hahaha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Sierra...   Introducing Sierra... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Introducing Sierra...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next