Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The nerve of some people...Grrrr

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
morningstaracres

morningstaracres

The nerve of some people...Grrrr Empty
PostSubject: The nerve of some people...Grrrr   The nerve of some people...Grrrr Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 6:34 pm

OMG....First let's start with my daughter's mare is being offered for sale.....

Get inquiries and lots of tire kickers but then you get a serious inquiry....They emaikl asking if they can arrange to see the mare so I send them an email with google directions and a phone # and specifically ask for a set up day and time........Hear nothgin back.......

Saturday as I come back from the town post office there is a car in front of me....Follow it down the rd to my driveway. I pull in he pulls up . I pull up more he pulls up more...Now I am thinking idiot get out of my way.....He gets out and asks to see the mare for sale that they emailed about....I advised there were specific instructions to contact to arrnge a viewing....Liability wise for myself.....Anyways we spend 2.5 hours looking over Velocity and talking about her and showing her all her stuff to have his wife call on the phone andask how it was going.....Anyways he is very intersted and we agree on a price.....He says he would of come with a trailer but that his buddy was not available otherwise he would of come down with a trailer.....Anyways never hear back.

IN the meantime I get another serious email from people asking to come see her and possibly ride her....I email them the same thing google directions and a contact #
I get an email back asking about coming on saturday to try her out and they asked tons of questions and even said they were bringin a horse trailer just in case (now that to me is serious)....Not that the first guy wasn't serious..but anyways... continuing here.....

I advised the second interseted pasty that weather permitting( as we have no indoor arena) that the ring is safe to ride in as we do not want the mare to incure any injuries let alone the rider or potential buyers/viewers and that we will require an apt and proper footwear and riding helmet and tell them also to bring a saddle and give the horse measurements etc.....I advised we have her bridle and english girth..(hunter/jumper potential is what they are looking for).....and that a liability form will have to be signed......They email back NO PROBLEM at all.....Perfect for them. They advise they are away to a celebration on friday night and no later then early saturday morning they will assure contact to confirm for that afternoon.......No problem there......Agreed/

Now in the meantime I contact the first guy to let him know there is a viewing scheduled and ask if he is still interested.....He says they have not decided yet as he and his wife are on different shifts etc......I get a voicemail on my cell at my break(Work late tuesdays) advising that he wants a CB ....I call back and leave a vm at home.......I try again a little later to get the wife who says hubby is on his way to see you. I state no he is not. I work late on tuedays and apt was not set up.She advises he was going down with someone and wanted to ride the mare and see her again...I contact him on his cell and ask him to stop.First off for liability reasons we do not allow anyone on property near the horses without me being there....Secondly to ride the mare in total darkness is risking injury or harm to rider and horse and I do not AUTH.....Thirdly no one called to say they were coming down otherwise they would of been told I was working. No one will be aloud on premises without my signed permission....A statement I follow dearly....

Anyhow his reply well if you don't hear from me that is fine but if you do that will be ok too....he has a busy schedule.......I told him I work also and I am thinking of my liability here and the best interst of the horse is in mind......

i call back his wife and she sorta agrees but sarcastically remarks that it is my choice and my criteria.......

The nerve of someone people.......... >:( >:( >:( >:(
Back to top Go down
http://morningstaracres.tripod.com/
naughty by nature

PostSubject: Re: The nerve of some people...Grrrr   The nerve of some people...Grrrr Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 8:36 pm

well sounds like those aren't the type of people you would want to buy your horse.

I would be worried if someone said they were going to bring a travel to buy a horse they haven't even seen. I would want them to try the horse out at least once have a vet check done ect other wise sounds like they just want a horse and any horse will do they aren't serious horse people and probably don't know how to care for a horse properly
Back to top Go down
Tammy

PostSubject: Re: The nerve of some people...Grrrr   The nerve of some people...Grrrr Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 9:48 pm

I think your requests are reasonable. As we all know, purchasing a horse is not something that you should rush into. And as a seller, you don't want a potential owner to rush into either. There are always tire kickers, always those who just want to ride, and always those who just want to look. When the right new owner comes along you'll know it because they will be like-minded and understand your conditions.
Back to top Go down
morningstaracres

morningstaracres

PostSubject: Mare   The nerve of some people...Grrrr Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 9:39 pm

nbn I think although the interested party is bringin a trailer this is to secure that they really want the mare and they are bringing a knowledgeable horse person with them ....I think if they like her they will load her but you can be sure than trailer will be insecpted bymyself even before they consider loading her.......I am not just throw her on and bye. My mare comes first....

Tammy - I agree the right home will come along..What ticked me off was the no call to let me know and also to make sure I was home and let alone having his wife tell me he stated to her that he called me and said he was coming over nad said it was ok and let alone ride the mare in the dark....I told her that Sorry but I would not have said that as I worked late shifts on tuesdays...DUH......The more I think about the more this guy lies through his teeth...The email I originally sent was telling him to google my address and contact me if he wanted to arrange a a viewing or trial ride.....He stated it said to come right over....DUH!!!!! I told him WRONG>>..

Here is a reply I sent to them
"I am sorry to have to do this but being the discussion we had earlier
regarding the well being of the mare I cannot commit to a showing to
your family. AS much as it may have been a good home I need to think
of the options regarding the events from this evening that with the
situation as it is the best interst of the horse was not
considered......No one rides a horse in the dark unless there is
adequate riding arena indoor provided which in our case there is not
and leslie was well aware of it....

Anyone knowing horses will not view a horse in the dark. we did it
recently and the people agred and viewd the mare and did arrange to
come back during the day last sunday to see her and travelled from
bathurst. the only reason they did not take her was because she was
too tall for the woman inquiring.

I am very sorry and hope your understand. It is my property and I will
not risk a liability like this for myself my property nor my horses...

Thanks for your inquiry."

Do you think I was harsh.....Maybe I was as they have not replied or even called to apologise....
Back to top Go down
Tammy

PostSubject: Re: The nerve of some people...Grrrr   The nerve of some people...Grrrr Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 10:33 pm

I think you were honest. But I wouldn't expect a reply from him - I just don't think it's his style!
Back to top Go down
morningstaracres

morningstaracres

PostSubject: idiots   The nerve of some people...Grrrr Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 10:07 pm

Thanks Tammy.....I have and hope to never hear from him again.

ON the other hand and a better note the family coming out tomorow have pleasantly advised me that they know winter is not the best time to try or buy a horse without trying but they have seen the mare before and have really liked her.....They said as long as they can lunge her (if possible) and lead her around they would be good with that.....

Now that is comon sense.....What ever is best for the horse's safety and the owner and let alone teh buyer also. They are very respectful of my wishes.

So hoping tomorow is a good day...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The nerve of some people...Grrrr   The nerve of some people...Grrrr Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The nerve of some people...Grrrr
Page 1 of 1