Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Argh.. Silly Ponies

Go down 
+4
Tammy
Wissy
Highlander
mountaincowgirl
8 posters
AuthorMessage
mountaincowgirl

mountaincowgirl

Argh.. Silly Ponies Empty
PostSubject: Argh.. Silly Ponies   Argh.. Silly Ponies Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 3:13 pm

So last night was shaping up to be one of those great nights. It pissed down rain and got really cold and not so much happened that I really needed to get done. I had Gunner and Jessie out over night the day before so decided to bring Gunner in and put the baby (Alibi) out. I thought Jessie would at least keep her from breaking her freakin neck in the tear around the pasture.

Well was I WRONG. Let me just say that where horses are concerned I'm usually either surprised or wrong anyway in how I think they will behave. Argh.. Silly Ponies 989857

Alibi took off on a streamline run around the bejesus acre and Jessie right on her heels. I'm thinking that by me standing there waving my arms like maniac that I'm going to at least slow em up. :frogs6.gif: Not so much, baby made the leap, took the first strand of wire with her, that turned into the second, and then into the third leaving a nice gate size opening for Jessie to barrel through. So I now have two horses on the loose, travelling mach freakin 1 up the driveway toward the highway. Argh.. Silly Ponies 382802

I'm screaming at the top of my lungs, they cross, I hear the inevitable lock of a nice jake break and look up just in time to see two horses narrowly miss becoming grill mounts on a Mack Truck. They stop in the middle of the other road turn and look back to where I'm standing. My eyes are not that good but in my head this is what I see :horse32.gif: . I'm pissed. I'm scared. And each one is now for sale. I have $$$$$ signs running through my head that is sure to be required in the liability suit that is going to happen in the next 3 minutes because OH LOOK like good ponies they are returning home across the highway again. I close m eyes, no squealing tires, shouting or loud screaming horses and once again when I open my eyes my horses are back in the yard.

I finally catch the baby and put her in the barn. Go out to get the older mare and WOW it's pissing down rain. Wonderful. Get Jessie put in and just sit. I'm too old for this thistle. My nerves are shot but my horses are safe. Darned if you do, darned of you don't.

SO my advice to anyone thinking about becoming as horse crazy as the rest of us.... BUY FISH! Argh.. Silly Ponies 854268
Back to top Go down
Highlander

Highlander

PostSubject: Re: Argh.. Silly Ponies   Argh.. Silly Ponies Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 6:28 pm

It's a horriable experience is'nt it,i'd say your heart was hopping out of your chest.Glad it all came good and that noone was hurt. Argh.. Silly Ponies 58398
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

PostSubject: Re: Argh.. Silly Ponies   Argh.. Silly Ponies Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 9:53 pm

omg Read this and said to myself I know exactly how you feel.. been there experienced that.. same thing happened to me a few years ago.. my dam mare that all of sudden thought she was a stallion.. got loose and headed main road.. not a highway like you said but a very busy road.. but only after she visited three neighbours properties and made some very impressive sliding stops.. and the ground was still soft.. probably about his time of the year.. when I finally caught her and no one was injured including herself.. I got her to the barn and sat down and balled my eyes out.. what I really wanted to do it go in the house and get my gun.. omg I was angry , relieved and upset all at once.. not a nice feeling.. hope your heart is beating regulary now.. lol
Back to top Go down
Tammy

PostSubject: Re: Argh.. Silly Ponies   Argh.. Silly Ponies Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 8:37 am

Oh man! My heart was racing while I read this. Had to reread it because I was skipping alot of words trying to get to the end to make sure that there weren't any funeral services being held today. OH ME NERVES! What a fright you must have gotten. I am SO relieved that everyone is back home safely. The truck driver must have had to change his undies after passing by your place.

Some days you don't know whether to hug the critters or turn them into stew. I'd say last night would have been a great night for stew around your place!
Back to top Go down
mountaincowgirl

mountaincowgirl

PostSubject: Re: Argh.. Silly Ponies   Argh.. Silly Ponies Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 10:06 am

Made a trip to the barn last yesterday to make sure all was still well. Now that I can be sensible and not want to bop them all over the head with a claw hammer. The baby has a swollen back leg and some good gashes on her nose. Must have been the wire from the fence. I can't think of anything else. Better little gashes on her nose than tears in her chest. That wire can be the sh*ts. So it's 30 minute massages with Absorbine to get the heat and swelling out. Hopefully it will come down more today.

Jessie had a swollen eye but that seems to have calmed down. So she is back to her crank buttercup self. Which in a way is really good. I guess maybe I'll keep them a while longer.

My heart is all back to normal and I have brought in troops to put up a board fence. Lets see the little weiner clear 6 feet. Crap just jinxed myself Argh.. Silly Ponies 552227
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

PostSubject: Re: Argh.. Silly Ponies   Argh.. Silly Ponies Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 1:22 pm

thats a JINXER all right............thistle.....hopefully she didnt hear you..........I know its not funny, and wasnt funny at the time.......but as years go by.......it gets to be a GREAT STORY........I have a few including hellicopters, my mother and a jockey....................later........glad your not taking a claw hammer to them afterall. :cowboyhound.gi
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
naughty by nature

PostSubject: Re: Argh.. Silly Ponies   Argh.. Silly Ponies Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 10:26 pm

your very lucky..
The place where we used to board our horses was just a old farm house and barn we did all the work our selves and where suppose to be buying the place but the guy decided to put it up for sale and jack the price up ect. anyway someone was there looking at the property to buy and decided that they needed to go see our horses we have a gate up by the house so if the horses got loose they wouldn't head to the road well the idiot took that down cause he must have been to stupid to duck under it and went down to let himself into the field to see the horses except he didn't realise the fence was electrified dropped the fence and our horse thinking it's supper time headed for the barn. well when one started running my moms mare louie broke threw the fence decided the barn wasn't good enough and headed for the road where she then ran out into the road and was hit by a car... well I should say she more kicked the thistle out of the car but her hooves right through the windshield and broke the guy that was drivings glasses. We had no idea and when my mom got there to feed that night the guy that got hit told her what happend the guy that let the horses loose however took off and was never heard from again.. It was a scary experience but Mom's horse was fine only a small cut on her leg.
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

PostSubject: Re: Argh.. Silly Ponies   Argh.. Silly Ponies Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 7:41 am

I bet you that particular dipshit is still running terrified of what your mother would have done to him!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
oldsaddlebags

oldsaddlebags

PostSubject: Re: Argh.. Silly Ponies   Argh.. Silly Ponies Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 6:23 pm

That's really scarry to watch.....slow motion I can imagine.
Sorry the girls are sore, but at least they are alive.........kinda glad it wasn't the old guy.
You live such an eventful life girl. Never a dull moment on the mountain.
Back to top Go down
naughty by nature

PostSubject: Re: Argh.. Silly Ponies   Argh.. Silly Ponies Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 9:38 pm

JJ you must know her well lol and when the vet told her that there was nothing they could do to check if she was okay from getting hit that she would just die if there was internal injuriees didn't end well either
Back to top Go down
FIREBUG

PostSubject: Re: Argh.. Silly Ponies   Argh.. Silly Ponies Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 8:27 am

Just when you think you have everything under control, they do something unpredictable and crazy. I'm glad everything
worked out. Scary situation, but the buying fish part made me laugh.
Back to top Go down
mountaincowgirl

mountaincowgirl

PostSubject: Re: Argh.. Silly Ponies   Argh.. Silly Ponies Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 11:10 am

The old guy has brains enough to stay where there are lush hay fields and riots of grass. He would not go out of his way to avoid that! I'm putting up a make shift/it will do for now slab wood fence. However, while doing that and having a beverage or two I noticed that it's actually quite nice looking so it may become permanent. Debatable still.
However oldsaddlebags he did venture home one day after being fenced back the road. He was smart enough to stop and look both ways before he came across. My neighbors still talk about it!

The mountain is definitely entertaining of nothing else, however, it will probably put me in an early grave. Or just a padded room!

Argh.. Silly Ponies 5543
Back to top Go down
oldsaddlebags

oldsaddlebags

PostSubject: Re: Argh.. Silly Ponies   Argh.. Silly Ponies Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 5:10 pm

He has found his way back home a few times LOL. Smart bugger that he is!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Argh.. Silly Ponies   Argh.. Silly Ponies Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Argh.. Silly Ponies
Page 1 of 1